Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to meath tomorrow

Options
  • 12-03-2014 8:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

What are my options in regards to broadband? Do upc still only do tv there? Il be living in bettystown

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Best thing is to ring them and see. There's no correct answer to "do UPC cover area x" because even within a small area, coverage can vary completely. For example, the house literally 20 meters behind me has full UPC (broadband/phone/TV), yet I've no UPC coverage in my house.

You'll need to call UPC and give them a specific address, or put the address in the checker on their website.

You'll definitely have Sky for TV (assuming you can put up a dish), and it's likely you'll have broadband via a phone line (Eircom, Vodafone etc.). Possibly high speed fibre broadband at that.

Bettystown is fibre enabled according to Eircom's map:
    http://www.eircom.net/efibreinfo/map/

But as with UPC, you'd need to check the specific number/address.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Swine Flu

Yeah i think il have to go with the eircom, they do tv aswell now dont they? Thanks for your reply

Advertisement