Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cycling Ireland Website Event Calendar empty?

Options
  • 12-03-2014 8:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭

Is it just me or is the events calendar empty?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭no1murray

Its empty. Shambles of a website

• Registered Users Posts: 31 pmurp141

Shadow78 wrote: »
    Is it just me or is the events calendar empty?

ya don't know what the story is, think it did it a few times last year aswell, check it again tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 8,850 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

I use Google Chrome as my browser, if you click the Google Calendar icon at the bottom right, it will open and you can select events you want to see..

• Registered Users Posts: 31 pmurp141

Tenzor07 wrote: »
    I use Google Chrome as my browser, if you click the Google Calendar icon at the bottom right, it will open and you can select events you want to see..

tried that, lets you add the different categories, but they still don't show in the calender

• Registered Users Posts: 8,850 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

Hmm..I can only see the Off-road events..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,081 ✭✭✭buffalo

Noticed it was empty yesterday alright, seems to be full again now.

Out of interest, did you email them and let them know?

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Cond0r

buffalo wrote: »
    Noticed it was empty yesterday alright, seems to be full again now.

Out of interest, did you email them and let them know?

This happened a couple of months ago too. I e-mailed them asking about it, and also asking why no rider rankings were available. No response.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,081 ✭✭✭buffalo

Cond0r wrote: »
    This happened a couple of months ago too. I e-mailed them asking about it, and also asking why no rider rankings were available. No response.

I emailed about the rider rankings a couple of days ago too, haven't heard anything yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭PROJECT K

is there any central database of cycling events (mainly leisure/charity for family use but interested in competitive events also) other than cycling ireland - would be great to get email notifications of upcoming events, always seem to here about them day before or worse still after the event! Is there any service like that?

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Tonio

PROJECT K wrote: »
    is there any central database of cycling events (mainly leisure/charity for family use but interested in competitive events also) other than cycling ireland - would be great to get email notifications of upcoming events, always seem to here about them day before or worse still after the event! Is there any service like that?

I came across http://irishsportives.ie/ recently. While it does not have all events it is quite good. I guess more events can/will be added over time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭lescol

Useful if you're looking for something in Kerry:)

http://kerryce.ie/?page_id=55

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭PROJECT K

Thanks Tonio, pity they dont have a notification email alert service but worth keeping an eye on thanks!

Yeah lescol would love to get down to Kerry for a spin, bit far for me at the minute but one of my to do list is the ring of Kerry before i get too much older!

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭dermabrasion

Here we go again. CI events calendar for next year is vacuous, 12 days from next year.
    This is a pain in the sphincter, as I need to plan ahead with work for weekend cover ect.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭marvin80

Very poor they don't have it updated for next year - I presume all the clubs, sportives have notified them of dates at this stage.

It's a very poor website overall, especially the membership portal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,275 ✭✭✭koutoubia

I think the beginning of the racing season had been moved to the 1st weekend in March r so I was led to believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,426 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

koutoubia wrote:
    I think the beginning of the racing season had been moved to the 1st weekend in March r so I was led to believe.

Our club have been unofficially told this as well but it really is bad form that some events haven't been put up yet. I know there are some issues with events clashing within a province but surely events in other provinces could be publicised.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,477 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Any reason been given for pushing back the start of the season?

It must risk even larger numbers turning up in A4 and A3 when racing does start.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,145 ✭✭✭nilhg

Next year's competitive calendar is up now, and available to add to Outlook, Google Calendar and the likes by copying and pasting the link below,

http://www.calendarwiz.com/CalendarWiz_iCal.php?crd=CyclingirelandRoad

Leisure calendar still a work in progress it seems, the Audak Ireland events seem to be there but not all the sportives

• Registered Users Posts: 8,426 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

Some events on Mondays? Still starting far far too early. No change in that regard.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,788 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Till what point are one day licences accepted?

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,477 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

dahat wrote: »
    Till what point are one day licences accepted?
    Up until 1 April

Some events on Mondays?
    Are there? The only Monday racing I can see is multi-day events or on Public holidays

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭Harrybelafonte

Some events on Mondays? Still starting far far too early. No change in that regard.

Lucky it's not obligatory then.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,402 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

looks like cycling Ireland have issued the 2017 leisure calendar
    http://www.cyclingireland.ie/page/events/events-calendar-2016/leisure-events
    http://www.stickybottle.com/latest-news/irish-sportive-calendar-for-2017-in-full-get-planning-right-now/

just in case you havent heard our club event :
    08/04/2017 Saturday Ulster Donegal Bay Spring Sportive 2017 Donegal Bay Cycling Club St.John Bosco Centre

Advertisement