Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can't wash myself!

Options
  • 12-03-2014 8:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭

Hey there. The shower in my rented house has been broken for over 8 days now. The maintenance guys have been out 3 times now on three different days and have tried to install a new shower but there seems to be wiring problems. Now im looking at ANOTHER day off work to let them in tomorrow. This is all on short notice so im out of pocket from not being in work for the times I need to be here for them. Coupled with taxi fares to friends and family homes to shower a couple of times a week.
    What chances do I have of getting a reduction in the rent this month for being put out over this?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Edit: No chance really. It's been only a week.
    You still have water, soap and a sink

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

Both myself and my missus work in the service industry and appearance is big thing. Washing hair in the sink is ok for me, but its a different animal altogether with long hair.

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭e.r

Can you not leave a key somewhere or get the landlord to let them in, instead if staying if work?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

No harm in asking, but fight for the days of work lost, as you could have gotten the bus otherwise (ie; pick your fights).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

This is still ongoing by the way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

bombidol wrote: »
    This is still ongoing by the way.
    Demand they get a plumber over to sort it out this eveningv(when you get home from work). And ring them everyday for the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭Grolschevik

Quick tip: those five litre bottles of water, filled with warm water, make a decent quick shower substitute.

Advertisement