Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anywhere for 18s+

Options
  • 12-03-2014 9:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I am going to be 18 next week and was hoping to go to the bodega next thurs to celebrate with a few friends but just found out that college ID is needed (which I don't have) and it seems to be the same for savoy on Thursday nights as well :/!!
    Can anyone suggest another place to go that is 18s wed/thurs/fri/sat night that doesn't require college ID?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

Aine2 wrote: »
    I am going to be 18 next week and was hoping to go to the bodega next thurs to celebrate with a few friends but just found out that college ID is needed (which I don't have) and it seems to be the same for savoy on Thursday nights as well :/!!
    Can anyone suggest another place to go that is 18s wed/thurs/fri/sat night that doesn't require college ID?

do you have a passport that you would be willing to bring out and keep safe?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

do you have a passport that you would be willing to bring out and keep safe?

What has a passport got too do with it? The clubs are advertising a collage night where as you need collage ID

• Registered Users Posts: 17 amer13

I am 25 i work here in Cork and i look young.. every time i go out with my friends i have to show my GNIB Card -.-

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭akamossy

I've never in my life heard that you HAVE to have college ids to get into these places on a thursday night. is that not just to get a discount to get in maybe? never had any of that kinda thing when I was in college and I was out most college nights. Anyway havanas is probably 18s on a college night. I know the secret garden is always over 23s but the bottom floor is probably over 18s.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Well 11&12 years ago when I ventured out on a Thursday night a lot of places refused entry without collage I.D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

You don't need a college ID for Savoy for definite and I'd be relatively sure you don't need one for Bodega.... Bouncers may ask for 2 forms of ID anywhere that allows 18's+ in though, so if I was you I'd have a bank card or something and then just try.

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭rorrissey

From my experience, most places are 21's/College ID after around 10pm. Don't know about Bodega, however Savoy will generally let anyone in, even if it's 21's. (Unless you're male, not sure how that works.)

• Registered Users Posts: 35 its me_330

A college id isn't even a valid form of id. The only valid id is passport drivers license or an age card. If the bouncer wont let ya in tell him you have a valid form of id, if u have 1 of them on you,. If he refuses entry get his badge number and tell him u will b reporting him to the PSA. Should change their mind pretty quickly

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

It isn't a case of the ID being valid or not, week nights in Cork, particularly Tuesdays and Thursdays are student nights and its a house rule for almost all clubs (bar Savoy) to require a student ID. This is partially because there are reduced drink prices and reduced admission fee and management want to ensure its actually students availing of these offers. Its also to ward off 6th years coming in. Nothing to do with bouncers trying to be smart, its just policy for most clubs and threatening them will get you nowhere, except maybe barred for trying to be an ass.

Would a pub interest you? I know its not your first choice but you have slim pickings without student ID, unless you'd consider going to the Savoy.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

its me_330 wrote: »
    A college id isn't even a valid form of id. The only valid id is passport drivers license or an age card. If the bouncer wont let ya in tell him you have a valid form of id, if u have 1 of them on you,. If he refuses entry get his badge number and tell him u will b reporting him to the PSA. Should change their mind pretty quickly

It's not about valid ID. The College ID would be in addition to a valid for of ID. And at that, it would only be for huge college centered events that such things are done. The Thursday of RAG week for example.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

MrMac84 wrote: »
    What has a passport got too do with it? The clubs are advertising a collage night where as you need collage ID

alright cranky head, keep yer hair on, I thought the OP was implying the need to prove he/she is over 18 as they said they will be 18 soon.

Advertisement