Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flashplayer

Options
  • 12-03-2014 9:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭

I had a post on yohere about a week ago, which I can't find, in relation to slow internet. I disabled this flashplayer yoke on advice. Speed of laptop was about 10 times faster again. Now I've discovered I need this stupid thing to view youtube videos!

So, I've followed the yokes' advice and tried twice to install this Flashplayer.

I rebooted.

I still can't view videos on youtube?

Help???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

I got fed up with the flashplayer plugin for Firefox always breaking down so reluctantly went to chrome which has built in flashplayer, and ooh the joy:) still have FF though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭sopretty

It's Chrome I'm using though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

sopretty wrote: »
    It's Chrome I'm using though.
    Switch to HTML5, no plugins required.

http://www.youtube.com/html5

advertsfox wrote: »
    Switch to HTML5, no plugins required.

http://www.youtube.com/html5

Great thanks! Hopefully that doesn't slow everything down like the other thing did!!

Oh FFS - I'm back to the usual drop websites now. FFS!!! Is this a broadband issue? I've a new laptop with nothing installed on it apart from factory installations. I disabled this stupid Flashplayer. Now I discover I need it for youtube, so I go with the above suggestion, and now I'm back to it taking about 20 seconds (no exaggeration!!) to flick between tabs open or to navigate through pages.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

Did you check what's running at startup and run ccleaner https://www.piriform.com/ccleaner

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

To flick between tabs? No that is not a broadband issue.

Try running CCleaner as suggested above, there may just be a lot of cache stored on your computer clogging up your system.

You could also clear everything in the settings menu.

It's a new laptop about 10 days old!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

sopretty wrote: »
    It's a new laptop about 10 days old!

And is it just Google Chrome that freezes or does Firefox or Internet Explorer freeze too?

Mr. G wrote: »
    And is it just Google Chrome that freezes or does Firefox or Internet Explorer freeze too?

I haven't tried using other browsers.

• Advertisement
Advertisement