Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cost of buying And laying floors

Options
  • 12-03-2014 9:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭

I know this is a complete ballpark figure but how much would it cost to floor a house that is 2300 square foot? Thinking of semi solid floors throughout and tiles in hall and kitchen, we would go for not the cheapest and not the most expensive, as I said I know this is completely vague but just looking for ballpark figure

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭chopper6

random10 wrote: »
    I know this is a complete ballpark figure but how much would it cost to floor a house that is 2300 square foot? Thinking of semi solid floors throughout and tiles in hall and kitchen, we would go for not the cheapest and not the most expensive, as I said I know this is completely vague but just looking for ballpark figure

very roughly 4k IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭random10

Great I was guessing at 5 so I'm in the right region, thanks a million

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭chopper6

Great I was guessing at 5 so I'm in the right region, thanks a million

I got two rooms floored with Balterio Oak laminate which was expensive stuff at the time,including skirting etc for around 1200 a few years ago.

So i'm guestemating your job based on that sort of price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Woodville56

Why are you going for semi solid as against a good quality laminate ? Is it the look or feel of it or wear & tear considerations ?
    We are also considering tiles for the hallway but having second thoughts in favour of same flooring as for living room with a different laminate used in bedrooms .

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭random10

Honestly, I don't know we haven't even gone to look at floors yet, would you recommend laminate?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭Carpenter

Why are you going for semi solid as against a good quality laminate ? Is it the look or feel of it or wear & tear considerations ?
    We are also considering tiles for the hallway but having second thoughts in favour of same flooring as for living room with a different laminate used in bedrooms .

I fitted laminate for a woman last year in her bedrooms and she told me last month that she now has carpet because the noise was very bad with the kids playing on it :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Woodville56

Honestly, I don't know we haven't even gone to look at floors yet, would you recommend laminate?

Not sure which is best - semi solid looks and feels nicer , is a better quality floor but is more expensive. Thinking of doing the hall and living room in semi solid and bedrooms in laminate but probably a personal choice thing in the end. From memory , There's a few posts about this topic in the interior design forum worth a look again - I recall reading that a Good quality laminate can be just as functional as semi solid so still undecided here , as with all our other fittings of the list , cost considerations and budget will probably win out in the end !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

When our house was built a few years ago, semi solid went down upstairs in bedrooms and hall. A couple of years later, the bedroom floors had to be taken up because of some problem with pipes. This happened while I was away on hols. Laminate was put down instead, and when I came back, I didn't notice for weeks. The only reason I ever noticed was because some of my stuff was in different places!!! A bit further down the line, one of those laminate floors was covered with carpet, for noise control!!

Advertisement