Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garmin strap replacement

Options
  • 12-03-2014 10:14pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭

So as per usual the first thing to fall apart on the Garmin 310xt is the strap. The bit that you fit the long bit of the strap in fell off last week, and today the actual clasp bit has decided to break off.

So what to do for a replacement? I have just spotted that my local Snow and Rock claims to have a strap for the Garmin Fenix in stock, will that fit the 310xt without too much bother? Or do I need to resort to a velcro strap replacement?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

Superglue could be an option.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 524 ✭✭✭b.harte

you can have mine.
    I replaced mine with a velco one.
    It's unused, removed as soon as I got a refurbished unit from Garmin before Christmas.
    PM me an address and i'll pop it in the post.
    Or if you are travelling for mallow10 which you have done in the past I can hand it over.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,340 ✭✭✭TFBubendorfer

I got that one when my Garmin strap gave up the ghost:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0042WO62U

It's ANT+ and fully compatible, and IMHO it works better than the original Garmin chest strap.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Its the watch strap that is broken. Went round a few places yesterday to try and get them to fit a bodged replacement watch strap of some type, but the size on one side is completely non standard in terms of all other watches so any alternative just won't hold it securely. With the kind offer from b.harte I should soon be back in action with a functioning watch on my wrist in time for London.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 xendox

I wanna to buy a Garmin Fenix watch, but I don't know from where. Can you give me some informations about stores around Newbridge or Naas? Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭rom

xendox wrote: »
    I wanna to buy a Garmin Fenix watch, but I don't know from where. Can you give me some informations about stores around Newbridge or Naas? Thanks

There is zero benefit from buying one of these from a store unless you count not having to post the item back but having to wait for an extra 2 weeks when you need something fixed a benefit.

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭dekbhoy

Straps on garmin seem to break quite easily the good news is if you email them they will send you out a new strap without proof of broken one. i emailed them a few months ago and i had a new strap in the post a few days later. watch in question was garmin 610

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Were you still in warranty ?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

dekbhoy wrote: »
    Straps on garmin seem to break quite easily the good news is if you email them they will send you out a new strap without proof of broken one. i emailed them a few months ago and i had a new strap in the post a few days later. watch in question was garmin 610

I usually have to email garmin about 3 times with the same issue just to get a response. So you did well there.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

I usually have to email garmin about 3 times with the same issue just to get a response. So you did well there.

Garmin Customer Support are rubbish, only way I got a response from them was ringing them.

The guy on the phone was telling me one thing and when i said the garmin website said something else he said they arent responsible for that

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭davedanon

I've had the strap on a 110 break, but I managed to get a complete replacement. In fact I've been very lucky in that I bought the 110 in late 2010, have had at least 2 replacements, the last of which was an upgrade (free!) to the much superior 210. The cycle superstore off the Greenhills Rd. is the stockist in question, they really have been good to me. I wondered if any of you know whether it's possible to actually replace the strap on the 110/210, given that they're of a one-piece design, nevertheless. If this one goes I'm not sure the superstore's largesse, or Garmin's really, will extend any more. An upgrade to a touchscreen model might be on the cards, but I did hear one or two around the club grumbling about fiddliness or a lack of touchscreen responsiveness. Anyone got any thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭rom

davedanon wrote: »
    I've had the strap on a 110 break, but I managed to get a complete replacement. In fact I've been very lucky in that I bought the 110 in late 2010, have had at least 2 replacements, the last of which was an upgrade (free!) to the much superior 210. The cycle superstore off the Greenhills Rd. is the stockist in question, they really have been good to me. I wondered if any of you know whether it's possible to actually replace the strap on the 110/210, given that they're of a one-piece design, nevertheless. If this one goes I'm not sure the superstore's largesse, or Garmin's really, will extend any more. An upgrade to a touchscreen model might be on the cards, but I did hear one or two around the club grumbling about fiddliness or a lack of touchscreen responsiveness. Anyone got any thoughts?

220 as my 620 is very poor. check out garmin forums

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭lmguillou

Would anyone have an old 205/305 no longer needed or a spare strap for those? I'm still using mine but it broke with the clasp forcing through the rubber strap. If I could get the strap from someone that would be great! The cheapest I found on amazon in 14 pound sterling. I just try my luck here otherwise I ll spend those 14 pounds still cheaper that a new watch! Cheers

Advertisement