Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Holywell

Options
  • 12-03-2014 10:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Does anyone know how the residents caught up in Holywell Heath fire in 2007 were treated by the insurance company and management agents ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭peteb2

It's shrouded in secrecy. You'll never find out unless a friendly resident wants to tell you but generally it was kept very quiet. No reason the block policy shouldnt have paid out for it. Why do you ask?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 John Paul Mac

I ask because I was looking at Holywell (as a choice amongst others) as a place to live. However, I remember the fire well. Two questions need to be asked. 1) Was an overall review of all the blocks done from a fire safety point of view and 2) how were the owners of the damaged apartments treated ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭peteb2

If you are buying then the vendor will be able to tell you. If you are renting then how the owners were treated is irrelevant. Not trying to be rude but no one is going to openly discuss this topic with you.

Answers are:
    1) Yes.
    2) The block policy would have covered damage to the buildings regardless of the cause. Insurers would have made any recovery if possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Faolchu

. 1) Was an overall review of all the blocks done from a fire safety point of view and 2) how were the owners of the damaged apartments treated ?

1) that would happen for any fire in a building and it was carried out by DFB who produced a report on t. Like they do on all fires
    2) the same as any owner in any property that went on fire were treated i would expect. they filed a claim under insurance that claim was or was not paid out depending on liability etc.

as was said there's not much info apart from, there was a fire, it burned, it was put out, the properties were rebuilt and people moved back in

Advertisement