Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

maxol maynooth

Options
  • 12-03-2014 11:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭

does anyone know if this service station has closed and any idea why

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I noticed on Monday night they had blocked the entrance with bins,the last couple of days there have been vans coming and going and people there so I reckon maybe they are doing it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭purplecow1977

All the gates surrounding it (locked) are ominous looking though.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

yeah and the light from the bank machine at night.
    I hope it is not closed down,weird no one seems to know what is going on though.
    Still people coming and going from it.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,848 ✭✭✭✭L1011

The carwash is also powered still. Very odd.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭lol5605

Liquidation, its gone!

• Advertisement

There was a big truck there this morning taking away all the calor gas etc.

Really?
    That is a shame,I hope it is bought quickly.

There are signs up saying re-opening later in 2014...

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭nicknackgtb

All the pumps gone now too

• Registered Users Posts: 6,697 ✭✭✭brian_t

This is from their Facebook page
    Our Maynooth station is closed for a compete redevelopment & re-brand.

We're expecting our new superstore to be complete & open in around 16 weeks time.

Meanwhile the Maxol Service Station in Cellbridge will happily accommodate all of our customers!

I hope this helps and if you have any other questions please feel free to contact us.

https://www.facebook.com/Maxol?filter=2

That is good:) I was dreading it being abandoned.

• Advertisement

Back in June 2011 Maxol were granted permission for the following

Redevelopment of the existing service station site including
    (1) demolition of existing building, forecourt canopy, fuel tanks and all associated structures;

(2) provision of new forecourt building with 99.52 sq.m retail shop, 69.97 sq.m self- service food area / deli- counter plus transaction area, food prep area, office, stores and toilet facilities;

(3) sale of hot and cold food for consumption both on and off the premises from self- service food area / deli-counter;

(4) forecourt layout including new forecourt canopy, petrol pumps, automatic roll-over car wash, fuel store / plant room building, bin compound and

(5) ancillary signage, both illuminated and non- illuminated

The file number is 10871

http://webgis.kildarecoco.ie/PlanningEnquiry/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 196 ✭✭skelligs

lol5605 wrote: »
    Liquidation, its gone!

why do people post BS?

any search would have shown you numerous articles about Maxol redeveloping many of their sites including Maynooth.

But no, lets just assume they've gone into liquidation. Stupid nonsensical post.

skelligs wrote: »
    why do people post BS?

any search would have shown you numerous articles about Maxol redeveloping many of their sites including Maynooth.

But no, lets just assume they've gone into liquidation. Stupid nonsensical post.

The Maynooth site is a franchise, not an O&O site; hence decisions on refits would be made by the owners and not Maxol.

https://www.duedil.com/company/IE211262/pakla-limited/financials is the company that operate it.

You don't usually close for a refit entirely unannounced in the middle of a working day.

MYOB wrote: »
    You don't usually close for a refit entirely unannounced in the middle of a working day.

They probably stayed open until they had sold the last of their petrol stocks.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭golfhead

Don't suppose they could sort out a left turning lane at the traffic lights at the Celbridge Road junction during the Maxol refurbishment ???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭Raminahobbin

It's gone into receivership.

Anyone know what this might mean going forward? I assume it'll be back given all the work going on, maybe Maxol are just taking back ownership of the franchise. I don't really get the ins and outs of receiverships.

It has and all:

http://www.insolvencyjournal.ie/ij_news_more_details/pakla-limited

I suspect Maxol already have taken over to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭paul71

It is a voluntary liquidation from what I have heard, franchise operators are operating on ever decreasing margins from the oil companies and quite a few have decided to close.

They may have difficulty getting another operator into the site and could end up coco (company owned company operated).

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭twinklerunner

Are they drilling for oil on this site?
    It looks a right mess and doesn't seem to be progessing.

Are they drilling for oil on this site?
    It looks a right mess and doesn't seem to be progessing.

Replacing all the fuel tanks and putting two new buildings in (shop and carwash) on different founds, it's a big dig.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,326 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

Replacing all the fuel tanks and putting two new buildings in (shop and carwash) on different founds, it's a big dig.

Hopefully it doesn't take that long....

Considering the signs say it'll be back 'later in 2014', or something to that effect, I'd be surprised if it's reopen before October /November.

They seem to be constantly working over there so hopefully it will be open again soon.
    Esso is at least a 5 minute walk when I forget to buy milk:)

I KNOW!!! It's miles away! And where the hell am I supposed to go for crisp sandwiches when I get off the nitelink :(

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

It looked like they were pouring the foundations as I drove by yesterday so hopefully start to see some building work soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

But they have the best car wash!!!

kellief wrote: »
    But they have the best car wash!!!

Well the old one is physically gone now - and brush washes are terrible for your paintwork anyway...

The support pillars for the canopy are present now.

Well the old one is physically gone now - and brush washes are terrible for your paintwork anyway...

The support pillars for the canopy are present now.

I know, but I can't afford a hand wash each time! I get in trouble all the time for it!

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭SQ2

It's well worth the trip to Painstown station (Kilcock-Clane road) for the €5 hand wash there!

• Advertisement

SQ2 wrote: »
    It's well worth the trip to Painstown station (Kilcock-Clane road) for the €5 hand wash there!

Sure I'm always out that way, I never knew that! Thanks!

Advertisement