Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

maxol maynooth

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭donspeekinglesh

Yep, was in the Champion a few weeks ago too. John McGinley pointed out that it's a condition of the planning permission for the new pitches.

Apparently people are putting their lives in danger crossing the road...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

It must be happening so if Naoise has put his name against it. Old political trick - let someone else do the legwork and then when it's about to be announced make a statement looking for it. His next FF News will say "Naoise gets new traffic lights on Moyglare Road". :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Yep, was in the Champion a few weeks ago too. John McGinley pointed out that it's a condition of the planning permission for the new pitches.

Apparently people are putting their lives in danger crossing the road...

If someone gets killed crossing the road, i call it natural selection..

1 - look for a safe place.
    2 - don't hurry stop and wait.

etc.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Aww, I remember Judge singing it:)

I personally find the local car parks are where drivers are at their most "special" especially at the shops in Greenfield.

Moonbeam wrote: »
    Aww, I remember Judge singing it:)

I personally find the local car parks are where drivers are at their most "special" especially at the shops in Greenfield.

Particularly love when Large SUV's/Jeeps/Vans park across both disabled spaces and the spritely driver jumps out of it and runs into the shop.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,848 ✭✭✭✭L1011

I saw a bloke in his 50s on his own be a parent and child today, most amazing chimera ever....

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

ugh, I hate people with 1 child of school going age using parent and child spots and people with out kids using them. I struggle getting the kids in and out in some car parks as the spaces are so small. I never mind older people that need the extra space using them though.
    I think there should be a massive fine for using disabled parking spaces,there is no excuse or at least few that I can think of.
    I saw a parking warden in Maynooth yesterday!! it was sort of tempting to hand him a map..;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭Raminahobbin

So according to this page the shop will be opening in the next couple of weeks.

They're hiring if anyone knows anyone needing jobs!

Hoardings are all down now, still doesn't appear to be pumps in but everything else looks near done

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭SQ2

MYOB wrote: »
    Hoardings are all down now, still doesn't appear to be pumps in but everything else looks near done

Yep, looks to be moving quickly now alright. The maxol site was advertising for a new franchisee also so it'll definitely be new management

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭delahuntv

that's a one day job.

The topaz plaza in moneygall had no pumps until the week it opened.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭ElKavo

Could have sworn I saw pumps there yesterday. Perhaps I'm just imagining it though.

ElKavo wrote: »
    Could have sworn I saw pumps there yesterday. Perhaps I'm just imagining it though.

You could easily be right, I was trying to look through the carwash while heading for a train.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

Still no pumps from what I could see. Its a bit of a bitch to get off that celbridge road and turn right for the train station.

There's pumps there now anyway, either installed today or I didn't look very hard. Still at least a weeks work on various bits and pieces though. Doubt there'll be an early opening.

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Rathkenny

Any idea when the traffic lights will be switched back on? I thought they were due to be operational by the time the schools were back.

Rathkenny wrote: »
    Any idea when the traffic lights will be switched back on? I thought they were due to be operational by the time the schools were back.

There's quite a lot of work left on that too, could be three weeks or so.

There's quite a lot of work left on that too, could be three weeks or so.

Yes I was thinking that it looked like a lot of work was still needed but then again thought it could just be my untrained eye!

I wonder will Esso have won over a lot of the Maxol customers in recent weeks with their reasonable fuel prices. It'll be interesting to see if Maxol prices are closer to Tesco (petrol 154.9) or Esso (150.9) when they reopen.

I am enjoying the lack of traffic lights but not the trucks blocking my view up the Straffan Road.
    If the prices are reasonable I can stop driving to Apple Green

Applegreen are currently 0.1c a litre cheaper than esso. You'd use that and more driving there.

• Advertisement

Rathkenny wrote: »

Long may they stay out of order, the complete lack of traffic while they are out of order shows how pointless they are.
    Applegreen are currently 0.1c a litre cheaper than esso. You'd use that and more driving there.

Is it not .01c cheaper?

1.58 Vs I.59?

lordgoat wrote: »
    Long may they stay out of order, the complete lack of traffic while they are out of order shows how pointless they are.

Is it not .01c cheaper?

1.58 Vs I.59?

They're 150.8 / 150.9

If you're paying 1.58/1.59 anywhere at this stage you need to change station! .01c is 1/100th of a cent btw, not 1 cent.

I drop the kids to dancing up there anyway so get it after:)

We need Maxol back so when I get hungry at 2am I can run over for chocolate/crisps/popcorn :) Esso is a little too far for 2am snacks .

They're 150.8 / 150.9

If you're paying 1.58/1.59 anywhere at this stage you need to change station! .01c is 1/100th of a cent btw, not 1 cent.

My bad! Got confuddled!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭HonalD

lordgoat wrote: »
    They may be pointless to you but not to pedestrians :rolleyes:

I find it easier as a pedestrian too (most of the time)
    I seriously think traffic has improved.
    I should probably set up a traffic cam to gauge it but the quality of driving would depress me,who knew so many cars came with out indicators...

So the lights are back operating and the traffic jams have recommenced.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

Moonbeam wrote: »
    I seriously think traffic has improved.

The UNI isn't open to undergrads again till the 15th, that would be having a big affect on traffic.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,423 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

Traffic was cat again today.

• Advertisement

GarIT wrote: »
    The UNI isn't open to undergrads again till the 15th, that would be having a big affect on traffic.

Today proved we were better with out the lights !!

Advertisement