Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

maxol maynooth

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

HonalD wrote: »
    Are you seriously saying that there have been queues of 14km in length?

Yes , coming in to Maynooth .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭HonalD

lordgoat wrote: »
    Sorry next time I'll take a leaf out of your book and use a patronising smiley then. Probably easier to understand. :rolleyes:

But there are 2 sets of pedestrian lights on the straffan road. No one has suggested removing these. So your moral high horse point is moot.

I'm not liking your attitude to me. If you are on the moral high ground then you'd be aware that comments should be about the post and not the poster.

And you've skilfully avoided answering the issue raised. You're comments are putting motorists above pedestrians who need to cross a road. There has been a signalised crossing at the junction across the Straffan Road and Celbridge Road so why take that away from pedestrians.

If I am walking from the station and want to go to Maxol for something, I would have two options according to your quest for no lights at the junction:

1. Cross Straffan Road at lights near station or
    2. Cross Straffan Road at Kinsbury Estate.

The first still requires a run across Celbridge Road approach to the junction because you have taken the lights away. The second involves a significant detour for a pedestrian.

Ok you say banish them to these other crossing points.....that puts equality for all into question. If you had a disability or your mobility is reduced, you'd understand my point.

Moonbeam wrote: »
    Yes , coming in to Maynooth .

I'm sorry but I know you are a moderator and have a significant number of posts on the forum but if you can justify your assertion that a 14km queue has occurred from Clane to Maynooth I'd appreciate that.

Conservatively a vehicle has a length of 6 metres between adjoining vehicles. That means that the queue would involve over 2,650 vehicles. I'm sorry but that sort of queue is unprecedented on a single carriageway regional road in Ireland.

And we would all know and remember it. But if you can back it up that would be useful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭Raminahobbin

Walked by the garage there an hour or so ago and the place appears to be fully stocked inside. Added to the fact that there seems to be workers there around the clock in the last few days, I'd say we're very close to opening. Maybe Monday?

Walked by the garage there an hour or so ago and the place appears to be fully stocked inside. Added to the fact that there seems to be workers there around the clock in the last few days, I'd say we're very close to opening. Maybe Monday?

Good news

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,848 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Noticed the stocks in the window on my way to the pub tonight - if they do a full cleanup of the ****e on the forecourt tomorrow, it has to be Monday.

I hope Esso's price rise recently was preparing for a drop when this opens, as nowhere else locally has gone up in price,

All I can see that needs doing is the remaining signs on the front of the shop. There's two HGV diesel pumps. It's inside the 3.5 tonne ban zone. Those won't get used much...

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Grumble mumble moan
    They are making a racquet over there , hopefully it means it is opening very soon .
    Loud machines ,reversing beeps and orange flashing lights .

That's the road works I think. Sign warning of night works for two days up today.

From a few hundred yards further down I can't hear a thing though!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Yep that's the roadworks, took me 20 minutes to get from Main St to Laurence Avenue this evening, stop go system in place

• Advertisement

Roadworks are a flippin nightmare :( it was a pain in the arse trying to get home tonight, they were working on the surface right outside my road so I had to wait for 2 trucks to get out of the way so I could get access. And it's pretty noisy ATM.

Please JAYSUS be finished soon!!!!

It gets worse , they parked a work vehicle outside my window with both orange and white flashy lights AGH .
    If they wake any of my kids up I am sending the screaming child out to them !!

MYOB wrote: »
    That's the road works I think. Sign warning of night works for two days up today.

From a few hundred yards further down I can't hear a thing though!

You probably have double glazing :)

I must admit, I am hugely curious to meet all of you people who seem to live within a stones throw of my house!!! We should descend together in a boards mob on the maxol, when it eventually opens, for crisps.

I must admit, I am hugely curious to meet all of you people who seem to live within a stones throw of my house!!! We should descend together in a boards mob on the maxol, when it eventually opens, for crisps.

Or on O'Neills for a pint to deal with the trauma ;)

You probably know me to see , I have a collection of minions / small children .

Hopefully said collection of minions aren't the ones who run squealing at my child-phobic dog... if so, apologies for yelling at your kids :o

We shall see at the beers :)

Hopefully said collection of minions aren't the ones who run squealing at my child-phobic dog... if so, apologies for yelling at your kids :o

We shall see at the beers :)

I doubht it , they are well used to dogs and know you need to ask the owners permission before petting one .
    Though one of them did ask some young lads could she fluff their dog and they nearly died laughing at her .

They are still at it !! Hopefully there is a good reason .

First layer of the new surface is down over the junction anyway

I asked them at Maxol about it and it was not them so might be the council and they will be at it again tonight :((
    4:30am they were making some amount of noise .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

It is the council resurfacing the road. Last night and tonight. They're also doing it on Mill Street.

I'll say one good thing about Irish Rail - when they're doing late night works we get a note in the door informing us. KCC don't even give that much of a sh1t

ugh
    My next door neighbour did not hear them but did see the flashing lights too.
    I might just sleep at the back of the house tonight.
    /me is grumpy with out sleep

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭frenchmartini

The noise is insane. This is the second night now. We are very near it and I just want the noise to stop. It was crazy last night, banging and drilling and reversing lorries that went on all nite.

Traffic is utterly insane out there also, forgot it was on on the way to Tesco there; Pikes Bridge'd it back which I'd normally never do.

Is that the bridge by Carton house? The back way to Tesco?

SO FLIPPIN NOISEY! It's upsetting the dog too at this stage :mad:

The noise is insane. This is the second night now. We are very near it and I just want the noise to stop. It was crazy last night, banging and drilling and reversing lorries that went on all nite.

You have my sympathies,I was driven mad by it.
    Apparently tonight is the last night of it and if that is true well the work needs ot be done.
    It just got very noisy out there now,same time as last night...

I just popped the head out there and the price signs for the maxol are flashing away, looks like we might have an opening tomorrow timed with the end of the traffic works.

(if not, I'm stopping my opening date predictions now I promise :P)

Moonbeam wrote: »
    Is that the bridge by Carton house? The back way to Tesco?

Yes.

Can't hear a thing here but the washing machine is on full cycle...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Think the signs said tonight is the last night alright!

Advertisement