Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

maxol maynooth

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭frenchmartini

My school age child can't sleep. Noise is just terrible.
    I wanna go over there and tell them to shut the f up. That constant beep beeping and the rumble of those sodding trucks.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Think the signs said tonight is the last night alright!

There are signs?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Moonbeam wrote: »
    There are signs?

There was one on Main St and I think I saw one somewhere else but can't remember where second one was. Those big temporary lit up signs that flash the message (I'm very technical can't you tell)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

My kitchen windows are vibrating...
    Ah well , it will be nice to have a nice new road .

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭frenchmartini

Open for business...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,848 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Fuel price even halfway reasonable? Slightly hoping for a short-term price war as often happens with a [re]opening

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Wasn't open at 8:35 when I was passing, did it open after that?

I went in to have a look.
    I think petrol was 154.9.
    It looks nice inside.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

I went in to have a look.
    I think petrol was 154.9.
    It looks nice inside.

Definitely 154.9, just drove past

• Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭donspeekinglesh

So no cheaper than Texaco/Tesco.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭ixus

So no cheaper than Texaco/Tesco.

How can you price fix if you make it cheaper?

Tesco are doing the 5c off per litre vouchers when you spend €50 until Christmas

• Registered Users Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭purplecow1977

So is Maxol open? Can't be bothered popping down to look.

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭twinklerunner

So is Maxol open? Can't be bothered popping down to look.

Diesel 144.9 - same as Esso. Very cosy.

Its not 24 hour anymore. Surprising - they made a lot of sales every time I passed at night. There is a hatch though so it could change.

There are signs up saying it is so maybe give it a few weeks.

I was going on the times written by the door - if they've contradictory signs up it could already be.

The deli assistant I got served by couldn't understand plurals this morning either; I'll be staying with Donovans for when I want more than one of an item in a roll :pac:

It's a pity they got rid of the ATM - that was quite handy (when it worked)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

The ad for staff also sought night staff so maybe they just haven't hired someone for the graveyard shift yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭Staplor

No ATM goddamnit!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15 Isentropic102

Can you pay for hot food at the main tills? I got petrol and seen the hot food so said I'd try some. got some and she said she'd take me at the hot food counter. I said could I use my card and she goes..."for 2.90?". I gave her the 3 euro from my pocket that i needed for the toll and paid for the petrol seperately.

Looks a nice shop and plenty of parking.

What's the deal with the bicycle lane dropping to road level at the crossing?

turning right to maynooth you could easily overshoot and go into the cycle lane as it seems like that's the width of the road.

What's the deal with the bicycle lane dropping to road level at the crossing?

turning right to maynooth you could easily overshoot and go into the cycle lane as it seems like that's the width of the road.

Modern standards are for cycle lanes to be on-road so that the street sweepers clean them (questionable; I've seen cases where they just end up full of debris) amongst other reasons.

The junction was hastily rebuilt to the new standards as the NTA are intending to redo the entire road from the motorway to the north of the town to them; and the lights failing completely beyond repair there forced their hand - there's no filter lane but another crossing point that's yet to open so its a completely different light setup.

Its important to note that, as far as I could see today, they are prohibitive rather than concessionary cycle lanes - its a solid white line and you can be fined for driving in them. Unlike the dashed line "cycle lanes" on Mill Street.
    Can you pay for hot food at the main tills? I got petrol and seen the hot food so said I'd try some. got some and she said she'd take me at the hot food counter. I said could I use my card and she goes..."for 2.90?". I gave her the 3 euro from my pocket that i needed for the toll and paid for the petrol seperately.

Looks a nice shop and plenty of parking.

I did this morning, the till at the deli wasn't manned. They may require you to use that when its open though.

I won't be going back to the deli, Donovans is better quality and less miserly/less unable to interpret what you asked for. Sean hasn't got much to worry about losing his regulars!

I didn't notice if they have the only non-fuel thing I went to the old Maxol for - gas tanks. Anyone see them?

• Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

Is there really no ATM?? Awe crap!! I used to really only go there for the pre pay pump and ATM as I absolutely hate having to dealing with people in shops at stupid o clock in the morning when they are most likely as grumpy as me :D

ChewChew wrote: »
    Is there really no ATM?? Awe crap!! I used to really only go there for the pre pay pump and ATM as I absolutely hate having to dealing with people in shops at stupid o clock in the morning when they are most likely as grumpy as me :D

It's not as bad as me realising just last weekend that there's an ATM in Donovans....used to always go to the Glenroyal and have to deal with that awful traffic.

It was handy that it was outdoors .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

MYOB wrote: »
    Its important to note that, as far as I could see today, they are prohibitive rather than concessionary cycle lanes - its a solid white line and you can be fined for driving in them. Unlike the dashed line "cycle lanes" on Mill Street.

Standard rules of the road - you are not supposed to cross any solid white line in a vehicle. Whether it's a cycle lane or centre divider. It's a good thing that the cycle lane is on the road - from a cyclists perspective. I never use off road cycle lanes anywhere - apart from the debris,glass,etc they are always full of pedestrians but worst of all you lose all priority at junctions, driveways, crossings. Bikes are traffic and belong on the road.

• Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

It's not as bad as me realising just last weekend that there's an ATM in Donovans....used to always go to the Glenroyal and have to deal with that awful traffic.

I actually started using that one of late. I go in to get cash and pop into the butchers beside donovans but while I'm there I convince myself i should be rewarded with a tub of coleslaw from the deli :o so I will really miss the ATM at Maxol

I love the Deli there:)
    Even my 1 year old runs straight to it for sausage rolls.

• Advertisement

Traffic lights currently off with a stop go system in place and traffic backed up all the way from Maxol to the Glenroyal!

Advertisement