Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

maxol maynooth

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

Why can't they recognise that it worked fine without lights and just turn them off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

What would the council waste their end of year budget surplus on if not traffic lights? There's only so much roundabout landscaping that you can get away with.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,848 ✭✭✭✭L1011

What would the council waste their end of year budget surplus on if not traffic lights? There's only so much roundabout landscaping that you can get away with.

Its the NTA in this case rather than KCC.

You sure about that? NTA fund it but don't the local council decide where it's needed?

Orion wrote: »
    You sure about that? NTA fund it but don't the local council decide where it's needed?

The NTA had a full plan for the north/south axis of the town of which this was part.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭HonalD

Why can't they recognise that it worked fine without lights and just turn them off.

Look back at post 123 and you may change your opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

The guy that served me the other day told me that the ATM will be going in soon, it wasn't ready to be installed when they opened. So it shouldn't be too long before it's there.
    I went in for a nosy and used the car wash, it's lovely. Slightly more expensive (like €1 or €2 more) but it's much better as it's clean bristles.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15 Isentropic102

Ms. Koi wrote: »
    The guy that served me the other day told me that the ATM will be going in soon, it wasn't ready to be installed when they opened. So it shouldn't be too long before it's there.
    I went in for a nosy and used the car wash, it's lovely. Slightly more expensive (like €1 or €2 more) but it's much better as it's clean bristles.

I hate car washes as 1. I hate it if they're hand washed as I feel awkward not knowing what to do when someone is washing it and 2. if they're automated I always think I'll mess it up!

Where do you pay and how much is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭Staplor

I think the range is 6-10 euro, at 9 you get wax and at 10 the underside is cleaned

HonalD wrote: »
    Look back at post 123 and you may change your opinion.

So put in pedestrian lights that the stop is requested when required.

• Advertisement

So put in pedestrian lights that the stop is requested when required.

Where would you put the lights?

Also, if a pedestrian crossing is ok then why not a signalled junction? They change when required?

Signal junctions change on a schedule. A pedestrian crossing only changes when a pedestrian presses the button. Where the old pedestrian lights were would be fine. It would mean extra stops at such times as school runs but less interruption in traffic flow at other times.

Signal junctions change on a schedule. A pedestrian crossing only changes when a pedestrian presses the button. Where the old pedestrian lights were would be fine. It would mean extra stops at such times as school runs but less interruption in traffic flow at other times.

I think you've been mislead. Stand alone Traffic signals in general and outside City Centres work on demand. They change depending on vehicular demand.

The lights in town/city centres are linked but not this one I believe.

Maynooth has a linked traffic flow system. Has had since the extra lights for Manor Mills went in.

MYOB wrote: »
    Maynooth has a linked traffic flow system.

haha traffic "flow"

haha traffic "flow"

I never said it worked properly! :pac:

I hate car washes as 1. I hate it if they're hand washed as I feel awkward not knowing what to do when someone is washing it and 2. if they're automated I always think I'll mess it up!

Where do you pay and how much is it?

You pay instore, get a code on your receipt. Drive into machine, line up with the tracks, put in code. Drive until light tells you too. Sit and relax! :)

I paid for the €10 one as my car had been parked under a tree, which very impolitely dumped all it's sap on my lovely car. :(

Maynooth has a linked traffic flow system. Has had since the extra lights for Manor Mills went in.

Sorry to come back again but yes the centre of maynooth has a linked system. The junction at Maxol isn't linked. It may be in the future but not now.

The linked system works within a schedule but the timings for each can change. :)

HonalD wrote: »
    Sorry to come back again but yes the centre of maynooth has a linked system. The junction at Maxol isn't linked. It may be in the future but not now.

The linked system works within a schedule but the timings for each can change. :)

You sure about that? As there was a comms kit for that system at that junction (mounted to the lights on the Celbridge Road) prior to the works. As far as I was aware, every light from Lidl to the Dunnes carpark along that route was under its control. Said comms gear is certainly strapped to each set of lights.

Its possible that the replacement lights are not yet on it; and also the comms kit has not been reinstated as far as I can see.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Looks like the ATM will be external when it's installed - there's a place for it just to the left of the serving hatch, the little bin for disposing of receipts is already mounted on the wall

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭Raminahobbin

Ah excellent! I probably used that ATM more than any other one, especially out of hours.

That's true - I asked in there on Tuesday. It will be to the left of the hatch.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭purplecow1977

Separate from Maxol stories, but does anyone know why cars/vans insist on driving through the NO ENTRY lane opposite the school on the Dunboyne road? I've been coming out there and gotten caught nearly twice.

Separate from Maxol stories, but does anyone know why cars/vans insist on driving through the NO ENTRY lane opposite the school on the Dunboyne road? I've been coming out there and gotten caught nearly twice.

Because its never enforced. Hasn't been for the 20+ years its been no entry at each end.

There's physically no space for 2 to even pass.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭Rosahane

Ms. Koi wrote: »
    You pay instore, get a code on your receipt. Drive into machine, line up with the tracks, put in code. Drive until light tells you too. Sit and relax! :)

I paid for the €10 one as my car had been parked under a tree, which very impolitely dumped all it's sap on my lovely car. :(

I also paid for the €10 wash and found it, like the curate's egg - good in spots.

It does foam followed immediately by a rinse which is a bit pointless. It didn't remove all the dead fly residue on the front of the car. However on the other hand it did an excellent job in polishing up the rest of the car that wasn't too dirty to begin with.

I'll stick with Applefreen I think!

Brush washes hugely damage your paintwork - much better to do a pressure wash at Applegreen - can offset the cost in part with the fuel offer.

Is it self serve at the pressure wash? If so, that's out for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭ixus

Because its never enforced. Hasn't been for the 20+ years its been no entry at each end.

And I hope it never is. It provides some minor relief to those of us unfortunate enough to have to enter the town from that side.

All you need is 2/3 cars to be looking to turn right onto the main street from the old dunboyne road and you would be stuck there for 30 mins. If they had added a left lane at the junction all would have been fine but that didn't fit EU regs apparently. Never mind common sense. And when the two estates are built beside castlepark and on the old pitch and put course....forget about it.

Purple, have you taken/tried the detour out bu celbridge road and around by carton yet?

• Advertisement

ixus wrote: »
    And I hope it never is. It provides some minor relief to those of us unfortunate enough to have to enter the town from that side.

All you need is 2/3 cars to be looking to turn right onto the main street from the old dunboyne road and you would be stuck there for 30 mins. If they had added a left lane at the junction all would have been fine but that didn't fit EU regs apparently. Never mind common sense. And when the two estates are built beside castlepark and on the old pitch and put course....forget about it.

Purple, have you taken/tried the detour out bu celbridge road and around by carton yet?

No I haven't, I haven't needed to. Traffic wasn't that bad. I'm trying to leave work earlier so I have some sort of a life again!

Advertisement