Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

21st Party Venue

Options
  • 12-03-2014 11:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Looking to celebrate my 21st with a party this June.

Originally, I wanted a fancy enough room, something which wowed me as opposed to the usual pub function room that most seem to opt for. However, got on to the Crowne Plaza Hotel in Blanchardstown and they charge €2,000 for a room with finger food and bar! Castleknock Hotel & Country Club said that they "do not facilitate 21st parties".

So now I'm realising that pub function room may be the only option. Looking for something reasonably priced or free, but also with nice décor (preferably not the usual grotty pub look). Ideal location is Dublin 15 i.e. Blanchardstown, Clonsilla, Castleknock. Have friends and family travelling from all over Dublin so location would need to be easily accessible by car and public transport. I'm not asking for much, I know!:rolleyes:

There will be about 100 guests. Would need finger food and a bar. Late bar would be ideal but not essential. I can find my own DJ for the night.

Running out of time at this stage, as a lot of places seem to be booked up for June already!

Has anyone any suggestions? Thanks in advance!:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Any of the 21sts I've been to lately have been in the Vineyard. Room is free and as there are two connecting rooms you can decide which one you want the dance floor to be in and which one you want the food in, I've seen it both ways.

It's a good central venue, plenty of room and you can decorate it as you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭December2012

12th Locke is good.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,073 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Sounds more like a wedding you're scoping out.

The fancier the venue the more you will pay for them to clean it when some of the 50 or 60 20yos who cant hold their drink colourfully decorate it. Wouldnt blame the Country Club for that reason.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,209 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

My sister had her 30th birthday party in the function room above the Roselawn Inn and it was quite nice, they have a bar up there and toilets so everything is separate to the pub downstairs. No idea how much it cost or anything like that so you'd have to check that yourself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

The paddocks or jack oneills have nice function rooms.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Praetorian22

Had my in Bradys 2 years back, got a good deal, they need 50 minimum guranteed guests. The manager in there is sound and he'll cater to what you want.

Two things I learnt from my 21st dont go mad on the food, half of it wont be eaten, do not stay in the travelodge with a big group after damage will be done !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Just on these two..two things to note:
    miamee wrote: »
    My sister had her 30th birthday party in the function room above the Roselawn Inn and it was quite nice, they have a bar up there and toilets so everything is separate to the pub downstairs. No idea how much it cost or anything like that so you'd have to check that yourself.

In the Roselawn the bar upstairs in the function room is more expensive than downstairs. Just a hint ;)
    Had my in Bradys 2 years back, got a good deal, they need 50 minimum guranteed guests. The manager in there is sound and he'll cater to what you want.

Two things I learnt from my 21st dont go mad on the food, half of it wont be eaten, do not stay in the travelodge with a big group after damage will be done !

Brady's kick you out much earlier than the Roselawn or the Vineyard IME

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

I had my *th birthday party in the Halfway House recently, couldn't knock it - room is nice, and staff were great. Think it's €100 for the room on a weekend night, free midweek. You have to get their food though which is a little bit pricey but apparently was good (I missed it!). Should easily hold 100 people, has a decent sized dancing area, it's own bar & smoking area etc.

(* insert big number here)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

athtrasna wrote: »
    Just on these two..two things to note:

In the Roselawn the bar upstairs in the function room is more expensive than downstairs. Just a hint ;)

Brady's kick you out much earlier than the Roselawn or the Vineyard IME

I think the more expensive drink in the function room is the norm in most pubs. Definitely the same in the Shamrock in Finglas Village from a recent party I was at there.

Advertisement