Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boru stove

Options
  • 12-03-2014 11:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Recently bought a boru carraig mor 20kw (boiler model). Just noticed it is not fitted with firebrick. Should it have the same? Awaiting a reply from boru, their website detail of models is very basic, just a few diagrams no parts lists. Local pub has a carriage mor minus boiler but it is fitted with firebrick.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,094 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Johnsmed wrote: »
    Recently bought a boru carraig mor 20kw (boiler model). Just noticed it is not fitted with firebrick. Should it have the same? Awaiting a reply from boru, their website detail of models is very basic, just a few diagrams no parts lists. Local pub has a carriage mor minus boiler but it is fitted with firebrick.

What's fire brick ? I had this exact stove installed 6 months ago so I'll have a look at mine for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭rpmcs

Boiler stoves in general dont have brick, the wall of water between sides acts as cooling agent so no need for brick,

But in dry stoves brick is needed to protect walls and disperse heat,

and in some boiler stoves that are little more advanced put boiler high up and bricks lower to increase core temperature..but not the carraig mor to best of my knowledge.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,304 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Johnsmed

Thank you for your replies. Called the dealer. Quite right, boiler model does not require firebrick. Whilst I was on the phone should have asked him how the thermostat control on this model actually works. Anyone know?

Advertisement