Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Gym in Sligo. Anyone been in it yet?

• 12-03-2014 11:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭

Theres a new gym, Genesis Gym down on Ballast Quay. They have a few pics up on facebook but not much else. Anyone by any chance checked it out yet?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Olympus.1

I took a look in on Friday, its huge! They've got piles of cardio on one side, piles of benches equipment weights on the other, €4 for day pass, definitely give it a try, no showers though, best gym in the north west

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Do they have a website? 4 euro for a day pass is great value

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭deadlybuzzman

JJayoo wrote: »
    Do they have a website? 4 euro for a day pass is great value

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Genesis-Gym/666773620048252

In response the gym I'm in is doing 20 quid for a months membership or if you're a woman its free for April

Which one are you using? there are a few new gyms in Sligo.

Just checked their Facebook page and they have a deal on at the moment, 2 months for 25 euro

Which one are you using? there are a few new gyms in Sligo.

Just checked their Facebook page and they have a deal on at the moment, 2 months for 25 euro

I use Popeye, the hours suit me much better. I'm starting to think there's a price war kicking off!

Popeye's Bookface
    https://www.facebook.com/PopeyeGymSligo?ref=br_tf

• Advertisement

Genesis gym in Sligo have an offer at the moment, 40 euro for 5 months membership???

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

No showers? Do they at least have a rag on a stick?

Genesis gym in Sligo have an offer at the moment, 40 euro for 5 months membership???

I guess they had to when this lad opened up literally 200m away

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Storm-Bodyfitness/1504868066423898?sk=timeline&ref=page_internal

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

I think Keith's offering off a different model to commercial memberships tbh. At least I hope he is.

Hanley wrote: »
    I think Keith's offering off a different model to commercial memberships tbh. At least I hope he is.

Without a doubt it's definitely a different type of gym but if he wasn't there at least some of his clients would be in genesis so there is at least some competition between them

• Advertisement

I can't understand how someone can open a gym and have zero interaction with social media to promote it. Genesis gym's last facebook post was December.

I can't understand how someone can open a gym and have zero interaction with social media to promote it. Genesis gym's last facebook post was December.

Exactly. The owner is that bit older (pre internet vintage) so I'd say he doesn't realise how effective it could be.
    Compare that then to Storms daily posts and ROM Sligo that also have a daily online presence and got involved Hell and Back that was on yesterday too

Advertisement