Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI: League of Ireland Fixtures (Week 2), March 14-16, 2014

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

We gonna miss Kenna big time this season, sad when you want Foran to start for you :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Youths barely held on against Cobh. Cobh didn't look at all up for it in the first half, but got a bit interested and looked dangerous once we had a guy sent off. We clearly had more desire for the points than them, very questionable attitude from some Cobh players I thought.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Much more like it this evening from Dundalk. Their goal came courtesy of an absolute howler from our keeper Peter Cherrie. Apart from that though we dominated and were all over them in the second half. Could have scored four or five tonight. Good to be up and running.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

2 points thrown away by Bohs, awful defending for the 2 Drogs goals combined with a host of missed chances. We look great going forward but very poor at the back.

Mad result in Bray, another Alan Matthew's tactical masterpiece.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭COYW

Was at the Bohs v Drogheda game. Some very nice goals and general play, some very scrappy play too, particularly at the start of the game. Bohs should have had the game wrapped up earlier on but they were poor at the back. You could see the equalizer coming. Enjoyable evening of football overall.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Poor, poor result for Bohs. Completely dominated the game but poor errors cost them. Delaney was atrocious for the first goal and for another couple of chances in the second half for Drogs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Bohs should have won that tonight but when you dont take your chances you dont win. Dont know how dinny won motm, some amount of misplaced passes. Traynor had a great game though. Cant see us in a relegation battle this year either.

On a side note, good ref at the match tonight, let the game flow really well bar one or two decisions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

DrumSteve wrote: »
    Bohs should have won that tonight but when you dont take your chances you dont win. Dont know how dinny won motm, some amount of misplaced passes. Traynor had a great game though. Cant see us in a relegation battle this year either.

On a side note, good ref at the match tonight, let the game flow really well bar one or two decisions.

Paddy Kavanagh was defo MOTM. His pass for the first goal was ridiculously good. Bohs will be top half this year.

SantryRed wrote: »
    Paddy Kavanagh was defo MOTM. His pass for the first goal was ridiculously good. Bohs will be top half this year.

Yeah it was fantastic. And that leftbback we got from shels looks decent, Jack something (name escapes me).

Overall, there looks to be a good vibe about the team. Owen is doing a great job.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

DrumSteve wrote: »
    Yeah it was fantastic. And that leftbback we got from shels looks decent, Jack something (name escapes me).

Jack Memery, ironically enough ;)

Wasn't impressed with him last week, but thought he was solid enough today after a few mistakes in the opening period.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Very poor performance tonight from Pat's. Passing was sloppy. Only Conan Byrne played well for us. UCD very unlucky to lose that.

Few injuries from that. Ger O' Brien and Lee Lynch didn't make it out for the second half and Keith Fahey went off with an ankle knock.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

For Athlones sake id hope so

The rampaging hordes leaving Athlone in rubble ended up quite happy. Amazing difference and solidity that Finn/O'Connor/Robinson can make..

Jack Memery, ironically enough ;)

Wasn't impressed with him last week, but thought he was solid enough today after a few mistakes in the opening period.

Ha i thought that was it.

Think he got a busted lip but he put in a good shift.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

Deserved to lose tonight. Shocking performance from more or less everybody. Bringing on a third defensive midfielder when Russell went off injured was a stupid decision that cost us the game.

Spillane and Ledwith are both muck. Should be shipped out as soon as possible.

Djilali needs to start every game, even half fit hes better than everyone else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

dfx- wrote: »
    The rampaging hordes leaving Athlone in rubble ended up quite happy. Amazing difference and solidity that Finn/O'Connor/Robinson can make..

Presumably robbo will step down when mcphail shakes off tendinitis. Killer looks possessed and has a point to prove.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

dreamers75 wrote: »
    We gonna miss Kenna big time this season, sad when you want Foran to start for you :(

Agents Quigley and Oman in operation poison transfer.. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

anncoates wrote: »
    Agents Quigley and Oman in operation poison transfer.. :)

Quigley will be a good signing. Oman on the other hand........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Adam O'Connor and John Sullivan both out for us, going to leave us exposed in defence! Would snap a draw right now! Great to see a bit of buzz around the match too, 5 buses heading down!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

Adam O'Connor and John Sullivan both out for us, going to leave us exposed in defence! Would snap a draw right now! Great to see a bit of buzz around the match too, 5 buses heading down!

Sorry for disappointing you but...

1:0, six out of six, yeeeeeeehaaaaaaaaaaaaa :D

Delighted with the win I am indeed. Hope, all Shels fans who made the trip had a great time :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,566 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Lars1916 wrote: »
    Sorry for disappointing you but...

1:0, six out of six, yeeeeeeehaaaaaaaaaaaaa :D

Delighted with the win I am indeed. Hope, all Shels fans who made the trip had a great time :cool:
    Very very much so. Huge win and well deserved despite having to soak up a lot of pressure towards the end..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Few Longford fans complaing about Shels fans throwing onto pitch.

Justified or sore losers?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

May I ask, where do they complain?

Lars1916 wrote: »
    May I ask, where do they complain?

good old twitter. seen couple lads. Like I say they might be just going ott on it. would not be a first

A flare ended up on the pitch. Not thrown at anybody though. Don't think there was any missiles of any description thrown but obviously I wasn't watching everyone at all times. This wouldn't be the first time a losing team had a rant about the team that beat them's fans.

CSF wrote: »
    A flare ended up on the pitch. Not thrown at anybody though. Don't think there was any missiles of any description thrown but obviously I wasn't watching everyone at all times. This wouldn't be the first time a losing team had a rant about the team that beat them's fans.

thats true, thought might been over reaction.

thats true, thought might been over reaction.

I think it was anyway. Nothing ever boiled over on the pitch or off it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,060 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Is it not a 1000 fine for flares?

NIMAN wrote: »
    Probably is, how ridiculous if it is.

NIMAN wrote: »

€50 a flare, pats bill from Cork away was something like €1500 :(

If the money went into grass roots or something then I be fine

• Advertisement

Is it really that low?

Is it really that low?

Licence thing says it s 250 but its actually 50 or maybe its that if let off like 70 of them :(

1374966_620317948007662_413074872_n.jpg

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭overshoot

Well Shams B have had a bad start to life in Tallaght
    3-0 Harps :D
    even better considering McHugh and McCarron were injured

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,268 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Super win for Cork.....we've a great record up there, pitch was shocking though.

Harsh FD lesson for the B side. 2 small strikers against 6 huge defenders. Set piece game, one from a free kick, one a penalty and the third a deflection off a corner. Not much from open play at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

Harsh FD lesson for the B side. 2 small strikers against 6 huge defenders. Set piece game, one from a free kick, one a penalty and the third a deflection off a corner. Not much from open play at all.

What sort of a crowd did they get?

about 150 I'd say, mostly season ticket holders and Harps fans I'd say. More Harps fans than half the Premier Division too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

No problem then in using the car park :)

That pitch in Derry is a utter joke.

You aint going to see decent game of football at Brandywell with that pitch. Awful.

Great win for us though. Better team won.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭geeky

It looked fairly even in the first half, but superior stamina and organisation showed as the game went on. We barely got a sniff in the second half, and not for want of effort.

Number 9 looks to have something about him - same with number 8. Given another year or two of competitive football, it's realistic to see them stepping up, but very early obviously.

Fair dues to Finn Harps - they brought a decent crowd down and seemed to have a good time of it. Player skill levels seemed relatively even, but one thing that impressed me was the constant communication between Harps players - they never shut up, which is a good thing IMO. Considering the goals were largely failures of organisation on Rovers' part, I think that was the key.

On a side note, it was nice to see an honest effort recognised by the home crowd, however small. It might only be hardcores and season ticket holders, but having less spoilt brats and Cassandras in the stands made it strangely more enjoyable.

That's not right. It goes up for every time flares are used and they don't do it per flare it's a flat rate.

As for the match on Saturday, excellent win for us. Had a feeling Longford were being overhyped pre-season and well I was right. Don Cowan was the main threat, and Cousins subbed him thankfully!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

I thought it was €150 for every incident? Think we got fined €3000 last year which was the highest in the league.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

Pighead wrote: »
    I thought it was €150 for every incident? Think we got fined €3000 last year which was the highest in the league.

I think Dundalk said it was the highest without knowing. Other clubs had far more flares than we had at games last year so it couldnt be true although id say the €3000part is true

I think Dundalk said it was the highest without knowing. Other clubs had far more flares than we had at games last year so it couldnt be true although id say the €3000part is true
    3000 is a ridiculous fine. These things need to be proportionate to what clubs in the league earn.

3000 is a ridiculous fine. These things need to be proportionate to what clubs in the league earn.

That was 3000 for the season not just 1 game

• Advertisement

That was 3000 for the season not just 1 game
    Ok, how many games is it likely to have been stretched out over?

The fine for the Briogaid Dearg 10th anniversary display was €200 iirc, that was 15 smoke canisters pre-match and 25 flares after half-time.

Ok, how many games is it likely to have been stretched out over?

Id say between 10 and 15. Was an appeal from the club during the season and they stopped for a month or 2 but then started up again towards the end of the season.
    Limerick away, Pats home and away, Rovers away, Drogheda home x2 and away x2 (league and cup) Shels away x2 once in cup, Sligo home aswell so thats 11 off the top of my head, there is bound be more

Advertisement