Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

On JSA but going into hospital for a few weeks

Options
  • 13-03-2014 3:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭

Hi guys. I am on Jobseekers Allowance for a few months now. I am going into hospital next Friday for about 3 weeks to have major surgery on my back and will be in hospital for 15-18 days and with 3 month recovery time at home afterwards.

I know with JSA, one of the conditions is you have to be actively looking for work - which I wont be so what options are available to me?
    I don't know if I will be entitled to illness benefit as my PRSI info (roughly ) would be as follows:
    1996-2009 - paid 52 weeks every year
    2010 - paid 15 weeks (then moved to Oz)
    2011 - paid about 8 weeks (when I returned home in November)
    2012 - paid about 18 weeks (then had my first surgery on my back and was out of work about 6 months and received supplementary welfare - as I wasn't entitled to illness)
    2013 - paid 26 weeks, received supplementary for 4 weeks and JSA for the remainder.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Comments

Advertisement