Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Drive Thru restaurant for Drogheda

Options
  • 13-03-2014 10:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭

I see An Bord Pleanala have granted permission for a new drive thru restaurant at Loughboy, Mell in Drogheda. Does anyone know who will be operating it? McDs/BK/KFC or someone else? It's not clear from the case details in the Planning link below.

http://www.pleanala.ie/casenum/242666.htm

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭gamblor101

The fact that there is a kids play area led me to suspect McDonalds but there is one already closeby. One option you haven't mention is Supermacs. I've seen a few petrol stations with a Supermacs attached.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Dub in Louth

If you do a google of the applicant ( Wilson and McBrinn Ltd. (Applicant) ), they are registered as a Clothing/Fashion company so they must be branching out into a franchise. Is this area of Mell where the retail park is?

I for one would welcome another McDonalds as the other one is a pain to get to when driving.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭gebbel

Anybody know where exactly in Mell this will be?

Regards

• Registered Users Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭kbell

Maybe beside the recycling centre before the cement road turn?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

My guess would be in the old Sizzles restaurant in the M1 retail park. There's an existing restaurant on site and from memory you can drive around it, as the loading bay went around the back of it. For footfall and passing trade it would be the obvious place.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41 Hanlor

Its opposite Borzalino's

The appeal site is located 0.75 km to the west of the centre of Drogheda in a position
    between the R168 and the northern bank of the River Boyne. This site forms part of
    a more extensive site in the applicant’s ownership, which is in use as a furniture
    outlet and a petrol filling station. The site itself presently comprises an unused raised
    embankment above the downward sloping access road and level car park to the
    furniture shop. To the north and east the site abuts a public car park off the R168,
    which includes a bring centre. On the opposite side of the R168, frontage properties
    to this regional road are in retail, commercial and residential use.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭leonards

Los pollos hermanos!!!! Heard it here first.

Advertisement