Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Course for Income Tax Returns

Options
  • 13-03-2014 11:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭

Hi, first off, is this is in the wrong place Mods, please feel free to move it as I am not sure this is the right forum..............Anyway, I have just registered as a Sole Trader and I was hoping to complete my own income tax returns. Does anyone know of any courses available on how to file tax returns etc in Dublin? I would of thought there would be more support for people doing this but only ones I could find where for unemployed people in receipt of a social welfare payment ( I am not getting any benefits) or the courses are full blown start your own business courses, but I only want to learn about the tax end of things. Thanks in advance ;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭tomdempsey200

lmahoney79 wrote: »
    Hi, first off, is this is in the wrong place Mods, please feel free to move it as I am not sure this is the right forum..............Anyway, I have just registered as a Sole Trader and I was hoping to complete my own income tax returns. Does anyone know of any courses available on how to file tax returns etc in Dublin? I would of thought there would be more support for people doing this but only ones I could find where for unemployed people in receipt of a social welfare payment ( I am not getting any benefits) or the courses are full blown start your own business courses, but I only want to learn about the tax end of things. Thanks in advance ;)

Not sure
    I started doing them myself and it's not that difficult for a small business

You just have to know what to input on the income section and it will calculate the rest for you

revenue have guides online for the form 11

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

As with Tom I did my own returns. Initially its pretty straight forward just make sure to stay on top of all your accounts and be super organised. If you go to your local enterprise board they have courses you can take that cover a lot of start up topics like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭tomdempsey200

the income section can be a little tricky at first

i managed it no problem without a training course once i got familiar with everything like addbacks and adjusted profit etc.

obviously you want to register with ROS and do it that way and everything is automatically calculated for you

it's way handier doing your own as your not at the mercy of accountants with tax deadlines

and fees

i hadn't a clue about accounts either before i got into it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭lmahoney79

Thanks for the advice guys

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭skmck

I entered into a partnership with my friend in 2013 & we will be submitting our first Income Tax return this October.
    We were both going to do our returns by ourselves & I have seen that they can be done on ROS - do myself and my partner need to set up two different ROS accounts to enable us to file online?
    We currently have one ROS account for our partnership which is used to file VAT returns.
    Thanks

• Advertisement
Advertisement