Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How long can you do a chargeback for on mastercard credit card?

Options
  • 13-03-2014 12:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭

I have a student MasterCard credit card and will be paying for a travel tour on it. My brother has used to tour company before without issues, but I would like to make sure I am covered just in case something goes wrong. I will be paying through PayPal and the tour will be in early August.

Could I do a chargeback if in August the tour falls through? 4 months after the payment was made?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Billy

Hi Vuzuggu, 

Thanks for contacting us. 

Credit Card Services do offer a transaction dispute service. 

If there was a dispute, the first thing to do, would be to contact the tour company as you would have agreed to their terms and conditions when you gave your card details. The company would have their own procedures in place and very often disputes would be settled at this stage.

PayPal also offer protection on transactions so they may also be able to help. 

You can find the Credit Card Transaction Dispute Form here

The form says that disputed transactions must be raised within 60 days of receipt of your credit card statement.

For further information, please Credit Card Services on 0818 251 251/ 00 353 567757747 and a representative will be happy to offer assistance. 

Thanks

Billy 

Advertisement