Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

If someone spikes your drink..

Options
  • 13-03-2014 12:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hello,
    When someone spikes your drink..i'm not talking in a nightclub or a pub or even alcohol drink! I was served an orange juice drink in my friend's house by his girlfriend which I just had confirmed had her medication in it. It hit me hard I almost blacked out I couldn't breathe or stand up without the room spinning it was HELL. What you have to realize is the girl has issues,I've known this for a while based on what some of her former co-workers told me years ago..but I didn't believe she was capable of this. Am shocked that she was so casual about it she seemed to enjoy what happened to me. Text book sociopath. She's a fantasist and a liar also. Scary stuff.
    Anyhow I now have to consider pressing charges ,the catch is she's troubled enough,she's pregnant and works a stressful job. If I go ahead with pressing charges it could send her over the edge ..she's a danger to herself and others ,I don't want to add to her string of mental issues with this but I feel that I have to..it's a serious thing to do to someone I can't get over it..i'm pretty sure what she did is a criminal offence,what would it fall under in the Law? And what would she face if prosecuted?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,458 ✭✭✭chops018

Your friend's girlfriend needs to get professional help, sooner rather than later.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭benway

For one, there's a poisoning offence under s.12 of the Non Fatal Offences Against the Person Act
    (1) A person shall be guilty of an offence if, knowing that the other does not consent to what is being done, he or she intentionally or recklessly administers to or causes to be taken by another a substance which he or she knows to be capable of interfering substantially with the other's bodily functions.
    (2) For the purpose of this section a substance capable of inducing unconscious-ness or sleep is capable of interfering substantially with bodily functions.
    (3) A person guilty of an offence under this section shall be liable—
    (a) on summary conviction to a fine not exceeding [€2,500] or to imprisonment for a term not exceeding 12 months or to both, or
    (b) on conviction on indictment to a fine or to imprisonment for a term not exceeding 3 years or to both.

How do you know her medication was in it? From the boyfriend? Do you really want to get to a situation where you're asking him to give evidence against her?

Is it a thing that they use this medication recreationally (à la adderall or other ADD stimulant type drugs)? Or did she just do it out of spite?

Honestly, I think the criminal law might be a blunt instrument for dealing with this situation, but if you feel she needs the reality check...

• Registered Users Posts: 78,385 ✭✭✭✭Victor

WatDeEff wrote: »
    the catch is she's troubled enough
    We all have our troubles. While it make make a behaviour understandable, it doesn't make it acceptable.

If she misuses medication like that, what else does she do?

It need not go to court, but it does need to be brought to the attention of the Garda and her medical professionals.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 teddy87

how do u know she spiked it.and what do u think she spiked it with

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

How did you get it confirmed that she spiked you?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Santa Cruz

January wrote: »
    How did you get it confirmed that she spiked you?
    In the absence of a blood test taken very promptly after the event you have no case.

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭vinnie13

if it made it to court the judge would throw it out anyway

Advertisement