Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

schoolboys football

Options
  • 13-03-2014 1:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

hi folks

can someone please tell me if a young player is playing in a youth league under FAI rules can he play in northern ireland under IFA rules at the same time. my son has been approached to play for a youth team in NI and we are wondering if this could lead to a supension if he did so.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46,101 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Every player at every level must be registered with the clubs they play for. Those clubs in turn are affiliated to a governing body which represents the jurisdiction so to answer your question a player could not legally play for different clubs in 2 different jurisdictions at the same time.

That's my take on it but as I'm not an expert in this field others may be able to provide more info. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭Broxi_Bear_Eire

My son played for a club here in Donegal and was approached by a club in Derry theres no way it would be legal thopugh I believe it has happens. Reckon he will have to choose

• Registered Users Posts: 18 lovebud

thanks for the replies really helpfull

Advertisement