Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Supplement for arthrititis in cats?

• 13-03-2014 1:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭

Can anyone recommend a good supplement for arthritis in cats. I think Felix has a bit in one of his front paws and I'd like to try ease it.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭cocker5

Can anyone recommend a good supplement for arthritis in cats. I think Felix has a bit in one of his front paws and I'd like to try ease it.

Salmon oil in his food daily and Arthir Aid (its for cats and dogs) - worked wonders on my dog! you can get it from a good vet or online... if you get it from your vet they have a loyalty systems (the makers) that after 6/8 purchases you get the next one free. I get teh chews for my cocker as he doesnt like the oil / syrup as its too sweet - but all in all its excellent stuff. apparently they do a "cat gel" so that might be the way to go

http://nutri-science.net/arthriaid%E2%84%A2-omega/

http://www.petdrugsonline.co.uk/p-2830-arthri-aid-omega-liquid-catdog.aspx

http://www.zooplus.ie/shop/dogs/supplements_specialty_food/hair_skin/more_skin_and_coat_supplements/139892

I iuse both daily and have seen a massive improvement with my guy.

HTH

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭metaoblivia

My mother got some fishoil tablets for her cat, who is 11 next month and was showing signs of some joint pain and some skin issues. Once she started with the tablets, there was an almost immediate improvement in her coat and skin and she was much more active and looked much more comfortable walking down the stairs. However, the cat is kind of a diva and doesn't like taking tablets (or ear drops or medicine of any kind) and throws a fit, so she switched to a fishoil substitute that you can put in food. But yes, it's very good as long as you keep to the suggested doses (too much of anything isn't good).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

I was reading about hyalauronic acid, think that's how its spelled, has anyone tried that with pets?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,686 ✭✭✭Pretzill

My dog gets arthri aid - (i think cats can use it) he's 15 and has bad joints but the arthri aid has been great for him and his coat has also become very shiny too. A medium sized bottle is 33eur at our vet store but it lasts a long while - I was looking for flax oil but could only find the human version - it's way cheaper but I don't know if it's quite as effective.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Pretzill wrote: »
    My dog gets arthri aid - (i think cats can use it) he's 15 and has bad joints but the arthri aid has been great for him and his coat has also become very shiny too. A medium sized bottle is 33eur at our vet store but it lasts a long while - I was looking for flax oil but could only find the human version - it's way cheaper but I don't know if it's quite as effective.
    I tried the flax mixed into his wet food and he wouldn't touch it, the same with cod liver oil.

• Advertisement
Advertisement