Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sister's cheque

Options
  • 13-03-2014 2:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭

My sister owed me forty euro so she posted me a cheque. It's from the Revenue Commissioners and it's made out to her. She has the same last name as me. Can I lodge this to my BoI current account?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

Hi Immaculata,

Thanks for contacting us here on boards.ie.

Please see this previous post where this question has already been answered and should help you with your query.

If we can help you with anything else, please don't hesitate to contact us again.

Thanks,
    Elaine

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Immaculata

I lodged the cheque in question to my current account - after waiting twenty minutes in a queue in the branch for someone to fix the lodgement machine, too.

Today I got a call from a BoI to say that, in fact, no, I cannot lodge this cheque because it's not made out to me.

It would be good if posting here was a way to obtain reliable information.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi Immaculata,

We're sorry to hear of the delay experienced in the branch. 

Just to clarify, the information you were provided with here is indeed correct. The thread Elaine linked you to previously, advised of the following:

Originally posted by Bank of Ireland: Laura 

It is certainly possible to lodge a third party cheque to your account once it has not been crossed or have account payee written across it. If neither one of these appears on the cheque and it has been endorsed, you may lodge the payment direct to your account.

Thanks
    Tara

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Immaculata

According to the staff in my local branch, it's not possible to lodge a cheque to my account unless it is made out to me. So your information is incorrect. And repeating it doesn't make it more accurate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Alison

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi Immaculata[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Just to mention, we have rechecked this for you and the information provided here is correct. A Revenue cheque is usually marked account payee only, this means only the person named on the cheque can lodge this to their own bank account. [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Apologies if this were not explained correctly to you in branch.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]We hope this helps. [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks[/font]

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]Alison[/font]

• Advertisement
Advertisement