Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Beginners home workout

• 13-03-2014 2:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 295 ✭✭

I'm not sure if this is the right forum and if not, apologies.

I'm currently trying to lose weight and I am cleaning up my diet. I walk about 5 days a week but not as far as I could so I am planning to resume running again as i enjoy this.

I'd like to add in some weights work as I'd like to build a bit of muscle as well as help burn fat. I don't have a gym membership and can't afford one but I do have some dumbbells at home.

Does anyone have any links to good workouts I could do at home? I was in a gym years ago and did some weights work but I would still be quite inexperienced.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭gg2

Check out fitness blender on youtube. Lots of great videos there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,943 ✭✭✭smcgiff

I'm not sure if this is the right forum and if not, apologies.

I'm currently trying to lose weight and I am cleaning up my diet. I walk about 5 days a week but not as far as I could so I am planning to resume running again as i enjoy this.

I'd like to add in some weights work as I'd like to build a bit of muscle as well as help burn fat. I don't have a gym membership and can't afford one but I do have some dumbbells at home.

Does anyone have any links to good workouts I could do at home? I was in a gym years ago and did some weights work but I would still be quite inexperienced.

Might be worth looking at adverts and buy and sell. I bought a set of weights for a good price about two months ago. You'll need a barbell to do a number of the exercises.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

As suggested above, check out http://www.fitnessblender.com/, and I found Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred really good for starting out. I also bought some cast iron weights in Argos (like these), and they suited me really well when I started with weights

• Closed Accounts Posts: 295 ✭✭kryptonmight

Thanks, will check those out. I have some dumbbells already with plates and a barbell if I really need it.

I bought Jillian Michaels 30 day shred dvd ages ago and a tae-Bo one as well but never used either! I guess I thought the Jillian Michaels one might feel a bit girly or something :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭loubian

I bought some dumbbells in argos and you get a little programme with them so I just use that and just increase the reps every week. Couch to 5k app is good for building up your running! I'm still on week 1 and I started about 3 weeks ago! (I'm very unfit!) Tgen I found a 30 day abs challenge online so I've started that! Wish me luck! :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 grind

Fitnessblender is a very good choice how to work out without weights at home. You can also have a look at hasfit on youtube or at some home workouts you could do. And don't forget to buy some exercise equipment like dumbbells, a barbell, weights or maybe a bench and a squat stand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 295 ✭✭kryptonmight

Has anyone here used the videos on sixpackshortcuts? Not sure how suitable they are or how they rate against fitnessblender.

Advertisement