Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bank lost all important personal documents

Options
  • 13-03-2014 2:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭

hi,

I personally handed in an account opening pack to a banks reception which included months of payslips, bank/credit card statements, copies of drivers license and passport. Obviously lots of really really important documents.

Turns out they have lost the pack. Obviously I'm really p*ssed at this. Any opinions on what the course of action should be?

Jon

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Make a complaint to the data protection commissioner. This is a serious breach of data security and the bank should already have notified him.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭jon1981

Also just remembered there is a form with my PPS and current account details on it also.

I've emailed the data protection commissioner

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭Lenn Brennan

Sorry to hear that OP. I know it's a bit late now but there is a company called Merrion Vaults in Dublin that could be of assistance in future.

It's a privately owned Vault that rent out safety deposit boxes. Banks don't provide this service anymore, they want less people in the branches

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

Sorry to hear that OP. I know it's a bit late now but there is a company called Merrion Vaults in Dublin that could be of assistance in future.

It's a privately owned Vault that rent out safety deposit boxes. Banks don't provide this service anymore, they want less people in the branches

I think you may have misread things, he wasn't storing the documents, they were used to open an account.

OP - mistakes do happen and I would normally be on the forgiving end of things, but this is a perfect identity cloning pack

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭Lenn Brennan

Ah I see

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Trish56

OP I would make an official complaint in writing to the branch...more than likely the documents could be in or on someone's desk. Advise them that you have notified the Data Commissioner's office.

jon1981 wrote: »
    hi,

I personally handed in an account opening pack to a banks reception which included months of payslips, bank/credit card statements, copies of drivers license and passport. Obviously lots of really really important documents.

Turns out they have lost the pack. Obviously I'm really p*ssed at this. Any opinions on what the course of action should be?

Jon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

I cant understand why you didnt make them open the account on the spot. I have used AIB and BOI and they both opened the account in the branch just walking off the street

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

Was the account to be opened by the branch or were they to send it to another location for processing?

If it's the latter then they should be able to get a message up on their internal INTRANET site asking all locations to keep an eye out for it.

Advertisement