Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Emobile Thirty20 Plan

Options
  • 13-03-2014 3:01pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi guys,

The money was taken from the bank account yesterday morning for this plan and the plan still has not been activated on the phone. Leaving the phone unusable since the last 30 days finished up. EVERY MONTH there is a HUGE delay with the plan activating. Every other month we have to phone customer support to fix it. Last month they simply didn't apply it and claim that €20 credit was then spent in less than a day.

There has been nothing but trouble with this since moving to Emobile and it's completely unacceptable. Get fed the line that it takes up to 24 hours to apply - which is ridiculous anyway. No reason whatsoever why the plan shouldn't be activated as soon as the money is taken from the bank account. Secondly, yet again, it is well over 24 hours since the money was taken from the account and the plan is still not activated on the phone.

Can't get through on the phone, not that it would make any difference, they can never help anyway. 

You can not expect people to be without the use of their phone for days while your, clearly poor, platform churns around trying to figure out what to do with the 20 quid it has taken from the bank account. If credit is purchased directly, it goes directly onto the account, so why does this plan take over 24 hours??

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 690 ✭✭✭eMobile: Grainne

Hi guys,

The money was taken from the bank account yesterday morning for this plan and the plan still has not been activated on the phone. Leaving the phone unusable since the last 30 days finished up. EVERY MONTH there is a HUGE delay with the plan activating. Every other month we have to phone customer support to fix it. Last month they simply didn't apply it and claim that €20 credit was then spent in less than a day.

There has been nothing but trouble with this since moving to Emobile and it's completely unacceptable. Get fed the line that it takes up to 24 hours to apply - which is ridiculous anyway. No reason whatsoever why the plan shouldn't be activated as soon as the money is taken from the bank account. Secondly, yet again, it is well over 24 hours since the money was taken from the account and the plan is still not activated on the phone.

Can't get through on the phone, not that it would make any difference, they can never help anyway. 

You can not expect people to be without the use of their phone for days while your, clearly poor, platform churns around trying to figure out what to do with the 20 quid it has taken from the bank account. If credit is purchased directly, it goes directly onto the account, so why does this plan take over 24 hours??
    Hi RacoonQueen,

After you top up to activate a promotion it can take any time up to 24 hours for the plan to activate. If you use your phone before the plan activates this may delay the plan activating. The 24 hour time frame is just a guideline. If you PM your mobile number and PIN I can check why the plan didn't activate.

Grainne

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

See Facbebook posts for this.

24 hours for a plan to activate is ridiculous. I don't care what it says in the terms and conditions of your plans. I'd like to know why it takes 'up to' 24 hours for a plan to activate. I work in telecoms, so feel free to give me a technical explanation. It should be a next to mmediate process.
    Why does using your phone during this 24 hour perioud delay the activation of the plan? Ridiculous.
    It is now 50 hours since the money was taken from the account and still no text to activate the plan
    When a call finally connected yesterday we got some story about how there was still 2 days remaining on the previous months plan. Since when do you take the money before the previous plan expires and why not explain the change to the customer? Normally the plan will expire and then money will be taken and then we wait and wait and wait some more, then we have to ring you to find out why the plan is taking an unreasonable amount of time to activate. Then, eventually, it activates...

Ridiculous setup. Same thing, every month. 

• Company Representative Posts: 690 ✭✭✭eMobile: Grainne

See Facbebook posts for this.

24 hours for a plan to activate is ridiculous. I don't care what it says in the terms and conditions of your plans. I'd like to know why it takes 'up to' 24 hours for a plan to activate. I work in telecoms, so feel free to give me a technical explanation. It should be a next to mmediate process.
    Why does using your phone during this 24 hour perioud delay the activation of the plan? Ridiculous.
    It is now 50 hours since the money was taken from the account and still no text to activate the plan
    When a call finally connected yesterday we got some story about how there was still 2 days remaining on the previous months plan. Since when do you take the money before the previous plan expires and why not explain the change to the customer? Normally the plan will expire and then money will be taken and then we wait and wait and wait some more, then we have to ring you to find out why the plan is taking an unreasonable amount of time to activate. Then, eventually, it activates...

Ridiculous setup. Same thing, every month. 
    Hi RacoonQueen,

I have responded to your post on the facebook page. The plan is not due to end until the 15th and this is when your plan will activate again. You would need to contact our top up direct team if they topped up your phone before it was necessary.

Grainne

Advertisement