Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

nano warranty advice

• 13-03-2014 4:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭

I bought a 7th gen nano for my sister in january in tesco, paid with credit card . The screen has gone faulty and she brought it to compub who say they will replace with proof of purchase. I look for and can't find the receipt (but can find receipts for every other bloomin thing i've bought since '99 :mad:) and ring the tesco tech support which diverts me to applecare and they take my details and advised me to contact tesco with my credit card details and request the receipt to be reissued. Tesco advise me that 3 weeks is the maximum they can do this for and it si 2 months since purchase. Any advice on what to do now? thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

Don't think you were talking to apple support. They have never looked for proof of purchase from me when sending off iPhones.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭mathepac

Send them a copy of your credit card statement with the Tesco / iPod charge highlighted.

Redact account numbers but leave your name & address visible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

it was applecare, here's the email i received:

Before we can change the date of purchase for your iPod nano, we need more information.

We need the original sales receipt to show proof of purchase of your iPod nano. To be considered valid, the receipt must be complete and include this information:
    – Reseller’s name, address, and phone number or website URL
    – Date of purchase when the iPod nano was originally sold
    – Itemized product information, including price and serial number
    – Total price paid

Please reply to this email with this information. We’ll confirm that we received it within two business days, and then we’ll continue working on your request.

We look forward to hearing from you. Thanks for contacting AppleCare!

Naresh
    AppleCare Agreement Administration

Apple One-Year Limited Warranty and AppleCare Protection Plan benefits are in addition to your consumer rights. For information on consumer laws in specific countries, please see the Apple Products and Statutory Warranty pages at www.apple.com/legal/warranty/statutoryrights.html

thing is, even if I had the original receipt it wouldn't display half the info required.
    The entry on my mastercard bill simply says tesco 4digit number and €127.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭mathepac

sweetie wrote: »
    ... Before we can change the date of purchase for your iPod nano, we need more information....
    What's this about?
    ... thing is, even if I had the original receipt it wouldn't display half the info required.
    The entry on my mastercard bill simply says tesco 4digit number and €127.
    Physically return the item to Tescos with your credit-card statement and tell them to fulfil the needs of their sub-contractor from their data.

Please read this including the small print particularly note (2) http://www.apple.com/ie/legal/statutory-warranty/

mathepac wrote: »
    What's this about?
    Physically return the item to Tescos with your credit-card statement and tell them to fulfil the needs of their sub-contractor from their data.

Please read this including the small print particularly note (2) http://www.apple.com/ie/legal/statutory-warranty/

i think they mean the fact the nano was never registered upon purchase.

having spoken to tesco who claimed that the credit card bill wasn't sufficient proof of purchase I decided it was better to deal with apple. My concern with dealing with tesco is that they couldrefund me the €50 that it cost me and their legal obligation is done. I'm not even sure they carry the nano
    range anymore.

• Advertisement

Ok, this gets better and better. Went to Tesco and they offered me a refund of my purchase price but as I got this at €50 it's not worth and i'd prefer a repair/replacement it so asked them for a new receipt. The best they could do is print a training receipt for my model of ipod but the date and value are wrong (this week and €0.01) so off I go to Compub who check the ipod and it is registered december 2012 (even though I just bought it two months ago) Without valid proof of purchase (my credit card statement could be for anything in tesco) they suggest contacting apple again and talking nicely. So I've emailed Apple back with all the info and await their reply!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Ok, this gets better and better. Went to Tesco and they offered me a refund of my purchase price but as I got this at €50 it's not worth and i'd prefer a repair/replacement it so asked them for a new receipt. The best they could do is print a training receipt for my model of ipod but the date and value are wrong (this week and €0.01) so off I go to Compub who check the ipod and it is registered december 2012 (even though I just bought it two months ago) Without valid proof of purchase (my credit card statement could be for anything in tesco) they suggest contacting apple again and talking nicely. So I've emailed Apple back with all the info and await their reply!

By the sounds of it, Tesco have registered it as a demo or something. PC World used to do this a lot, and then tell people that warranty started the day they purchased it, when in fact it was registered and on display for the previous 10-12 months.....I'd imagine there is a reason it was €50......

whiterebel wrote: »
    By the sounds of it, Tesco have registered it as a demo or something. PC World used to do this a lot, and then tell people that warranty started the day they purchased it, when in fact it was registered and on display for the previous 10-12 months.....I'd imagine there is a reason it was €50......

maybe, it was brand new and sealed though, they had a big sale clearing a lot of their lines.

Advertisement