Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pretty disappointed in Galway

Options
  • 13-03-2014 4:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

Back in December like so many homes we lost our phone lines due to storms. We had a pretty poor broadband service prior to this but since January the coverage line quality has been shockingly poor. I'm talking about dialup poor.

I've done all the usual tricks, changers noise filters, swapped out modems all to no avail. 

My wife recently contacted broadband support and she was treated pretty poorly. She was put through to sales and encouraged to upgrade the line to 3mb as the 1mb was running at 'capacity'. A recent speed test on the line was 0.08.

Against her own gut feeling she was persuaded to upgrade the line a week ago and the service is just as appaling. We have been paying for really poor line service for quite a while and only recently getting to do something about it as my wife is now working attempting to work from home but can't even send or receive emails without timing out.

Broadband support wouldn't log my complaint three weeks ago as I was calling from work and not on the home line.

Aisling was great at communicating the repair to the phone line over Christmas to me so I'm reaching out and hoping you can do similar for us on the broadband please.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

AKW wrote: »
    Hi guys,

Back in December like so many homes we lost our phone lines due to storms. We had a pretty poor broadband service prior to this but since January the coverage line quality has been shockingly poor. I'm talking about dialup poor.

I've done all the usual tricks, changers noise filters, swapped out modems all to no avail. 

My wife recently contacted broadband support and she was treated pretty poorly. She was put through to sales and encouraged to upgrade the line to 3mb as the 1mb was running at 'capacity'. A recent speed test on the line was 0.08.

Against her own gut feeling she was persuaded to upgrade the line a week ago and the service is just as appaling. We have been paying for really poor line service for quite a while and only recently getting to do something about it as my wife is now working attempting to work from home but can't even send or receive emails without timing out.

Broadband support wouldn't log my complaint three weeks ago as I was calling from work and not on the home line.

Aisling was great at communicating the repair to the phone line over Christmas to me so I'm reaching out and hoping you can do similar for us on the broadband please.

Hi AKW

I genuinely very sorry to hear this and I apologise for the difficulties and inconvenience you have had to experience so far. Please PM me your landline number and I will look in to this further for you.

Thanks

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

Hi guys,

Hi AKW

I genuinely very sorry to hear this and I apologise for the difficulties and inconvenience you have had to experience so far. Please PM me your landline number and I will look in to this further for you.

Thanks

Al
    Alan,

Any luck with this please?

Hi guys,

Hi AKW

Thanks

Al
    Alan,

Hi AKW

I have not received a PM from you yet, have you seen my reply above?

Thanks
    Al

Hi guys,

Hi AKW

Thanks

Al
    Alan,

Hi AKW

I have not received a PM from you yet, have you seen my reply above?

Thanks
    Al
    Thanks Alan, was sure I sent it, must have timed out on me :(

HI AKw

Can you check the PM I sent you today please.

Thanks

Al

• Advertisement

HI AKw

Thanks

Al
    Sorry Alan, I don't know whether I'm coming or going, gave you the work number. PM answered.

HI AKw

Thanks

Al
    Sorry Alan, I don't know whether I'm coming or going, gave you the work number. PM answered.
    PM sent this just now Sean :)

Al

Advertisement