Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Monste.ie There is a problem with the security certificate

Options
  • 13-03-2014 4:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭

I'm using Windows 8 Internet Explorer 11 and can't get monster.ie to work.
    It says there is a problem with the website's security certificate.
    The system clock is set properly so that's not the problem.
    It's such a pain in the ass.
    It's my sister's laptop.
    I reset internet explorer last week to factory settings and now the bloody problem has come back again.
    Other sites work fine.
    monster.ie is inaccessible at the moment.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭tagoona

Just tried it... Didn't sign in, which may be necessary for the problem?
    On XP - chrome and IE 8 both worked

• Registered Users Posts: 2,031 ✭✭✭colm_c

Yup, getting security warning about an invalid SSL certificate, when you try to access it over https.

Someone should sort that out. :P

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

Just click the Continue to this website button. That should sort it. Certificate probably hasn't been renewed, or else your employer/filter is acting in the way.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,324 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

The cert isn't expired, Akamai have the wrong cert being used. It's fine despite the name mismatch.

Advertisement