Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Very annoyed - Deposits

Options
  • 13-03-2014 5:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭

Has anyone else been asked for a 6 months deposit up front when joining E mobile?
    I am an existing eircom customer, have been a meteor bill pay customer for the last 6-7 years. and I pay all my bill with direct debits and am never late paying. 

I have also doubled check with the Irish credit bureau and there is nothing listed against my name that would warrant this.
    I asked the two people I was speaking to both in store and on the phone and was told to send a letter to the credit control to find out why.

This will obviously take time but I want an answer now.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 690 ✭✭✭eMobile: Grainne

Has anyone else been asked for a 6 months deposit up front when joining E mobile?
    I am an existing eircom customer, have been a meteor bill pay customer for the last 6-7 years. and I pay all my bill with direct debits and am never late paying. 

I have also doubled check with the Irish credit bureau and there is nothing listed against my name that would warrant this.
    I asked the two people I was speaking to both in store and on the phone and was told to send a letter to the credit control to find out why.

Hi thegoodgirl,

Any of our customers who want to open a new Bill Pay account with us are subject to credit approval and in some cases, a contract pre-payment may be requested before the contract can be fully processed.

Our store or customer care team would have no information available to them regarding your why your bill pay account application required this pre-payment. Further details can only be provided after we receive a signed written request from you.
    In the letter, you will need to include the below:
    - Application ID number.
    - Date application made.
    - Your Name.
    - Your mobile number if you proceeded with the contract.
    - Where you bought the phone/broadband dongle.
    - Your written signature.

This request can be sent by post to our below address.
    FAO Credit Control,
    1 Heuston South Quarter,
    St Johns Road,
    Dublin 8
    Upon receipt of this letter we will contact you as soon as possible though I would note it can take up to 5 to 7 working days from the time we receive your letter to process this request.

Grainne

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭marvin80

I'm in the exact same position as you - eircom and meteor cusotmer with a few years and always paid on time.
    I sent them the letter and wasnt happy with the response, there still looking for the deposit.
    http://www.boards.ie/ttfpost/90487657

In my opinion it's ridiculous - I was going to signup to a 2-year contract on emobile but instead I'm cancelling my meteor account and broadband. Lots of competitors out there that are only too happy to take my money.

They need to change their Credit Control procedures for existing customers like us or they'll end up losing more customers.

• Company Representative Posts: 690 ✭✭✭eMobile: Grainne

marvin80 wrote: »

I'm in the exact same position as you - eircom and meteor cusotmer with a few years and always paid on time.
    I sent them the letter and wasnt happy with the response, there still looking for the deposit.
    http://www.boards.ie/ttfpost/90487657

In my opinion it's ridiculous - I was going to signup to a 2-year contract on emobile but instead I'm cancelling my meteor account and broadband. Lots of competitors out there that are only too happy to take my money.

They need to change their Credit Control procedures for existing customers like us or they'll end up losing more customers.
    Hi marvin80,

We completely take your opinion on board and I will pass this onto our credit control team.

This deposit is refunded to you after you pay 6 bills on the network.

Grainne

Advertisement