Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheap Wifi Donglle

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,451 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

What did you search for? Go back to Amazon and search for 'wi-fi dongle', there's heaps of them for less than £10. You could also try the bargain bucket in PC World and similar shops, there may end of line models going cheap.

Realistically though, €9 is aiming a bit low for something like that - retailers have to make a profit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭James__10

coylemj wrote: »
    What did you search for? Go back to Amazon and search for 'wi-fi dongle', there's heaps of them for less than £10. You could also try the bargain bucket in PC World and similar shops, there may end of line models going cheap.

Realistically though, €9 is aiming a bit low for something like that - retailers have to make a profit.

I'd need a dongle similar to the one that I have in the link above.

Are all dongles basically the same??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

A simple rule to live by :

You get what you pay for.

Ken

• Registered Users Posts: 25,451 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

James__10 wrote: »
    I
    Are all dongles basically the same??

No. If you buy a no-name/obscure brand you risk getting left behind when you upgrade the OS and you can't get up to date drivers. You deffo need to buy a regular brand and make sure that it supports Windows Vista & 7 & 8 and even OSX. Anything that doesn't support those versions will be obsolete in no time and will be useless.

As Ken said above, you get what you pay for.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

IN MOORE ST dublin, pc shops,electronic shops,
    i have seen wifi dongles , 10 euro,
    make sure its win7/ winxp compatible .
    or mac os compatible,if you have a mac pc.
    as you may need to install a driver from cd to use it.
    Back up the driver ,to dropbox, etc in case you lose the cd.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,398 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Get one of THESE They work fine & use Realtek Drivers

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 6,392 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

to add to the growing list.

try dx.com - loads of sub $10 ones. free shipping.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

OP, you don't need to pay for a wireless adapter for Sky, you can claim on directly from them for free.

https://my.sky.com/mysky/ondemand/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭rey8px2m7altcs

I did you some research and found the best available one from the best supplier on ebay. (Trust me ebay is my thing lol)
    All the ones on Amazon for cheap come off ebay anyway.
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/321095012109
    It is £3.89
    Free postage
    Location is china so it will take 21 days to arrive.

Now if you want it faster you have the UK suppliers but they come a lil more up in cost.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/281227575303
    This one is £4.69
    Postage is £0.49
    Comes from Bristol so due to St Patrick's it will probably arrive by next Friday or the following Monday.

Advertisement