Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

NCT Question

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭V.W.L 11

zenno wrote: »
    Ah right, that's not too bad, but good tyres are expensive enough.

The cheapest tyre is €80 so thats €160 for 2 tyres plus the wishbone @ €130 + the rest fee of €28,thats almost €330,tax up next month thats €514,yet the roads are the reason for the nct failure,great country!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭zenno

V.W.L 11 wrote: »
    The cheapest tyre is €80 so thats €160 for 2 tyres plus the wishbone @ €130 + the rest fee of €28,thats almost €330,tax up next month thats €514,yet the roads are the reason for the nct failure,great country!!!

When you add it all up it sure is a lot. I agree, the roads are in tatters. I had to get my mechanic to fix my alignment twice in 3 months because of potholes and speed bumps. The joy's of motoring :(. I'm in the same boat for two tyres as well but my clutch is on the way out so that is going to knock me back a fare bit soon.

It's a killer for sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭V.W.L 11

zenno wrote: »
    When you add it all up it sure is a lot. I agree, the roads are in tatters. I had to get my mechanic to fix my alignment twice in 3 months because of potholes and speed bumps. The joy's of motoring :(. I'm in the same boat for two tyres as well but my clutch is on the way out so that is going to knock me back a fare bit soon.

It's a killer for sure.

The motorist is a cashcow!got my clutch done last year,shop around the clutch,as a result of the wishbone my tracking needs doing also,when i had a bike i never had that much cost or hassle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭zenno

V.W.L 11 wrote: »
    The motorist is a cashcow!got my clutch done last year,shop around the clutch,as a result of the wishbone my tracking needs doing also,when i had a bike i never had that much cost or hassle.

I know, it can break the bank for sure. It cost me €50 to get the tracking done and then the tracking went again as the steering wheel was way off to the left and that was another €50, if it happens again I'm just going to try and align it myself.
    I might be able to get a decent deal from my mechanic in relation to the clutch, I know the guy 26 years so hopefully I will get it fixed for a reasonable price when it goes. Hopefully. I better start saving now.

Advertisement