Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JC French: What grammar should I have covered?

Options
  • 13-03-2014 6:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

I give French grinds and I have a few Junior Certs this year. Just looking for someone to give me an outline on what I should have covered grammar-wise? I'm finding it difficult to get a definitive list anywhere online and people I've asked all gave conflicting answers.
    Here's the list I've been working with
    Présent
    Passé Composé
    Futur Simple
    Imparfait
    Rules for 'in'
    (others have suggested I should also cover le conditionnel, different pronouns etc. Some said that the imparfait is unnnecessary in Junior Cert)
    Anyone out there that knows for sure? The official information i found was frustratingly vague about all this!

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,188 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

This is the syllabus. If it's on that, it can come up in the exam.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Beca19

In our school we have done
    Présent
    Passé Composé
    Imparfait
    Futur proche
    Futur simple
    Conditionnel
    Impératif
    Passé récent

I'd definitely do the conditional as I always use it but I've gotten straights As without ever using the Imparfait and there's never really a need for the Impératif. We've done a lot on pronouns as well which is really helpful.

Advertisement