Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Booze deals [Megathread]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭ablelocks

it was instore in limerick crescent sc yesterday - signs up everywhere

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭ablelocks

vicwatson wrote: »
    From now?? Until when?

don't know didn't read the small print...

sorry, in future i'll triple check all other sources, call the head office, verify it's an actual real-life offer and read the t's and c's before posting...*

*insert smiley face to indicate that this is in jest and no offence was taken or meant in posting this response

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

ablelocks wrote: »
    don't know didn't read the small print...

sorry, in future i'll triple check all other sources, call the head office, verify it's an actual real-life offer and read the t's and c's before posting...*

*insert smiley face to indicate that this is in jest and no offence was taken or meant in posting this response

Good man yerself

tesco are doing 25% off 6 bottles of wine again...

Offer valid until 17th December

• Registered Users Posts: 8,033 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

See, Google is your friend Vic.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Advertisement

See, Google is your friend Vic.

Eh it wasn't on their website when the offer was posted hence people asking, it is now however

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭mac.in

Can anyone please tell the current price of Jack Daniels in Tesco? Have to drive around 40 k.m. for the nearest one. It was €20 till 03/12/17. Is it still the same? No information on its price offers available anywhere online.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,570 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

mac.in wrote: »
    Can anyone please tell the current price of Jack Daniels in Tesco? Have to drive around 40 k.m. for the nearest one. It was €20 till 03/12/17. Is it still the same? No information on its price offers available anywhere online.

Will usually be advertised in the papers on Thursday, no idea if it will be same again this weekend, cracking price for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

How do I get around the UK postal only thing ?

Parcel motel work like that or something?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭stanley1

address Pal to your local post office.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭Browney7

Amazon have conditions in their delivery saying they only deliver to mainland UK and Parcel motel have conditions saying they don't accept alcohol. Anyone tried these avenues before?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭stimpson

tesco are doing 25% off 6 bottles of wine again...

Finally! Down to my last 5 bottles from last time. I wonder if the Campo Vieho 6 for 50 is still on...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,563 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Green Spot for a frankly ridiculous £28.90.........

Yoinks! :eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭Mister Gooey

Browney7 wrote:
    Amazon have conditions in their delivery saying they only deliver to mainland UK and Parcel motel have conditions saying they don't accept alcohol. Anyone tried these avenues before?

Have used Parcel Motel a few times to bring wine in from the UK. One shipment of 3 bottles was caught by customs but they let me off. Parcel Motel were ok with passing on the shipment. I also use amazon.de to buy German beer and get it shipped directly to my house. I have never had a problem

Have used Parcel Motel a few times to bring wine in from the UK. One shipment of 3 bottles was caught by customs but they let me off. Parcel Motel were ok with passing on the shipment. I also use amazon.de to buy German beer and get it shipped directly to my house. I have never had a problem

Cheers!

An post's depot is outside London but they also say that alcohol is a prohibited item! Decisions decisions! I'm sure it'll be grand. Super offer

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭interlocked

Browney7 wrote: »

Amazon deliver alcohol to the North, if you know someone up there..............

• Registered Users Posts: 18,099 ✭✭✭✭rob316

OMG £29 for Green Spot that's insane price.

I bought one there with some other stuff from amazon to PW. Whats the worse that will happen if its stopped, will I just have to pay duty and end up paying the price of a bottle bought here or will it be seized?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,033 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Parcel Wizard for the booze!

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,895 ✭✭✭Poor_old_gill

On a slightly related topic has anyone ever ordered alcohol through Asda and got it delivered by Parcel Motel?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

nabbed a bottle of green spot and red breast....ooooo boys!

Lets hope parcel motel come through now

• Registered Users Posts: 10,622 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

I was told today, it will be extended for another week.
    HQ have sent out emails to the shop staff to advise them of same.

Need to know the offers to get the best value from the 25% off offer.
    Last week their offer was 6 bottles of certain wines for €50 (most of these were €12 each) or €8.33 a bottle after discount.
    Now the same wine with 25% off, (back to €12 each) is now €9 a bottle after discount or 66 cents a bottle dearer then previous offer.

nabbed a bottle of green spot and red breast....ooooo boys!

Lets hope parcel motel come through now

Same here. Chanced parcel wizard instead. They don't explicitly prohibit alcohol in their conditions but they do prohibit flammable liquids!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,131 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Any deals on Moet yet seem to remember Tesco have good deals this time last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,980 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Any deals on Moet yet seem to remember Tesco have good deals this time last year.

It's 25% for any 6 bottles of wine or champagne in Tesco until 17th December... including Moet.
    https://www.tesco.ie/groceries/Product/Details/?id=255245509

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

25% off 6 bottles valid until Dec 17th they have it advertised as €50 per bottle, so for 6 it would be €37.50 a bottle (€225.00 for 6)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

25% off 6 bottles valid until Dec 17th they have it advertised as €50 per bottle, so for 6 it would be €37.50 a bottle (€225.00 for 6)

Ditto in Dunnes- but the 25% is back as clubcard vouchers.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,131 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Just need the two unfortunately will bear it in mind though.

Ditto in Dunnes- but the 25% is back as clubcard vouchers.

Is it €50 in Dunnes too?

I think €50 is inflated, last time I saw it in Tesco a while back it was I think €44

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,980 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Just need the two unfortunately will bear it in mind though.

If it's any use you don't have to buy 6 of the same bottles in the Tesco deal... your other 4 can be cheaper bottles of table wine, including the mini bottles. Probably even sherry and port would count as one of the 6.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement