Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Booze deals [Megathread]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Frank_1969

So is it 2 for €20 or €30?
    Can anyone be definitive?
    Thanks

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Frank_1969 wrote: »
    So is it 2 for €20 or €30?
    Can anyone be definitive?
    Thanks

2 for 30 tomorrow only.
    At this- it barely covers the tax on it- neer mind anything else.......
    Pity they don't have the same offer on the Jameson.........
    Still- I have a couple of 8 Euro off when you spend 40 vouchers- tomorrow sounds like a good day to use them.

2 for 30 tomorrow only.
    At this- it barely covers the tax on it- neer mind anything else.......
    Pity they don't have the same offer on the Jameson.........
    Still- I have a couple of 8 Euro off when you spend 40 vouchers- tomorrow sounds like a good day to use them.

Thanks for that.I have an 8 off 40 voucher I got from my brother.Do I need to have his real rewards card or tag to be able to use it?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Thanks for that.I have an 8 off 40 voucher I got from my brother.Do I need to have his real rewards card or tag to be able to use it?

Just say you forgot it

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

DERICKOO wrote: »
    Was in there 1 hour ago showed the drinks manager the photo on my phone and he says that's tomorrow only.

RIght, so I guess the manager did not specifically confirm smirnoff will be 2 for 20, since it will most certainly not be, rather just glanced at the phone. Not having a go at all, it's an extremely good price at 30, if you like smirnoff, and a good bargain alert. I just want to confirm that that manager did not in fact say 2 700ml bottles of smirnoff will be 20, in case any poor soul goes out of their way thinking it is plausible and goes out of their way to get it.

Some may think it is plausible as they see the likes of baileys for 10 a bottle (my tesco had loads tonight), but it is only 17% so had far less excise duty on it, baileys can afford to slash their wholesale prices and still allow themselves and shops to make a profit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

Not too sure, myself i don't shop in there often to get vouchers, but i do use the tag for future vouchers, if any!
    Afaik you need the tag when i use my Tesco vouchers.

as there's an Aldi & Lidl within 5m of each other in my area,
    as there were better offers in Beer in Supervalu last week, as i see some of the beer are down to €15 in Lidl afaik Carlsberg 20 bottles today

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭DERICKOO

rubadub wrote: »
    RIght, so I guess the manager did not specifically confirm smirnoff will be 2 for 20, since it will most certainly not be, rather just glanced at the phone. Not having a go at all, it's an extremely good price at 30, if you like smirnoff, and a good bargain alert. I just want to confirm that that manager did not in fact say 2 700ml bottles of smirnoff will be 20, in case any poor soul goes out of their way thinking it is plausible and goes out of their way to get it.

Some may think it is plausible as they see the likes of baileys for 10 a bottle (my tesco had loads tonight), but it is only 17% so had far less excise duty on it, baileys can afford to slash their wholesale prices and still allow themselves and shops to make a profit.

What i don't understand is why is it saying so on site as 2 for €20

https://shop.supervalu.ie/shopping/selected-offers

yes i pointed out the 2 for €20 his reply was tomorrow only ,i don't know, i do not even drink the stuff i just spotted the bargain.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Gordon's gin 1 lt 50 for two in Dunnes, use your 10 off voucher and you're getting them for 40 euros. Best deal around for those asking.

Not too sure, myself i don't shop in there often to get vouchers, but i do use the tag for future vouchers, if any!
    Afaik you need the tag when i use my Tesco vouchers.

as there's an Aldi & Lidl within 5m of each other in my area,
    as there were better offers in Beer in Supervalu last week, as i see some of the beer are down to €15 in Lidl afaik Carlsberg 20 bottles today

I do have a real rewards card in my own name but I'm not sure if that will work with my brother's voucher.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

yes i pointed out the 2 for €20 his reply was tomorrow only ,i don't know, i do not even drink the stuff i just spotted the bargain.

It says 2 for 20 and also says 2 for 30, click on that and it says a single 700ml bottle is 20 reduced from 25. it is obvious to me that it is simply a mistake, be it deliberate or not.

I do not believe you are trying to mislead people or anything, just making sure nobody is disappointed to find this is not the case (and I am 99.9% sure it is not the case).

People unfamiliar with buying spirits or their prices and the excise & vat involved may indeed think it is plausible, but it simply isn't, as others and myself have pointed out, even as a 1 day sale. -again I am not having a go, you have alerted people to a very good bargain, so thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

I wonder if he either told you the truth, you may not turn up or he's in the dark as well ;):P
    I do have a real rewards card in my own name but I'm not sure if that will work with my brother's voucher.

Is there a barcode on the voucher that may need the tag to correspond with it?
    Although when i got a Dunnes voucher to use in Vodafone, you don't need it :p or if that doesn't work, see if your brother has a spare tag, usually there is a few spare?

Good luck

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,784 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Get him to text you the card number and it can be typed in at the till. Then he gets the benefit of the points!

Also, you don't need the actual paper voucher in SuperValu, only the nine-digit code printed on it. Then you can use the paper voucher in Tesco if there's something there that tickles your fancy.

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭eqwjewoiujqorj

Guinness
    Dunnes and SuperValu -
    0.83 cents a can. ( 2 x 24 cans for €40)

Tesco / Lidl / Aldi
    €1 euro a can (1 x 24 for €24)

Smirnoff Vodka

Tesco: 2 x 1litre @ €40 = €20.00 per litre
    SuperValu 2 x 70cl @ €30 = €21.43 per litre
    Lidl 1 x 70cl @ €16.99 = €24.27 per litre

CEHbyLL.jpg
    kzc0fuy.png
    VGotsHR.jpg
    URLvFxN.png
    dJyL88f.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭Limestone1

Also - Dunnes have 1L bottles of Cork Dry and Smirnoff for €25 each today

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭amber2

The SuperValu 2 For €40 offer on
    Carlsberg/Guinness/Budweiser/Heineken Can Pack 24 x 500ml starts today, Valid 14th - 17th December

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭FLOOPER

Jeez. Aldi are really stamping their carbon footprint with their dual country wine.

A Hawkes Bay Bordeaux.

First I've ever heard of.

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭askU

amber2 wrote: »
    The SuperValu 2 For €40 offer on
    Carlsberg/Guinness/Budweiser/Heineken Can Pack 24 x 500ml starts today, Valid 14th - 17th December

SuperValu:
    Jameson 700ml = €20.

I got two bottles TODAY for 32euro (with 8 off 40 voucher)

FLOOPER wrote: »
    Jeez. Aldi are really stamping their carbon footprint with their dual country wine.

A Hawkes Bay Bordeaux.

First I've ever heard of.

Thats in breach of French AOC Law and EU PDO area designations.........
    Love to see how they get away with this one........

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭Indestructable

Tesco has 24 cans of Heineken for 20 euro. Cheapest ive seen

Tesco has 24 cans of Heineken for 20 euro. Cheapest ive seen

They're price matching Eurospar and Supervalu........
    I honestly don't think we've ever had booze discounted all over the place- quite as extensively as we have this Christmas. Some of the offers are quite remarkable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭Indestructable

I honestly don't think we've ever had booze discounted all over the place- quite as extensively as we have this Christmas. Some of the offers are quite remarkable.

Ahh i didnt realise that, its fantastic. I'm stocked till well into the new year. Happy days!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭Ohmeha

Definitely have not seen slabs of Heineken selling for €20 in about 10 years

Scary to think if our government have their way that this time next year €44+ for a slab will be the cheapest we will see anywhere. Stock up folks!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,147 ✭✭✭Passenger

There's no way Tesco et al are making a profit on those deals but fair play. Competition is good.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭dcollins

Customs got onto me there (after the great bourbon deals on amazon uk) my first time ever buying a bottle online, unmarked packaging via parcel motel.
    Lovely lady at the PM desk said customs have someone in their depot. It's totally understandable and fair to get hit with the duty but I'm just sayin' that at least with PM buyer beware as you could be stung for vat and excise. I heard others on here had mixed mileage.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭whiz

Here guys, anybody seen any promotions on Kopparberg ?
    The best I have seen is 4 for €10, which isn't great. Thus any response appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,147 ✭✭✭Passenger

dcollins wrote: »
    Customs got onto me there (after the great bourbon deals on amazon uk) my first time ever buying a bottle online, unmarked packaging via parcel motel.
    Lovely lady at the PM desk said customs have someone in their depot. It's totally understandable and fair to get hit with the duty but I'm just sayin' that at least with PM buyer beware as you could be stung for vat and excise. I heard others on here had mixed mileage.

My 2x bottles arrived just fine, thankfully. Delighted with the service overall. Peculiar that only some people's parcels are being stopped though. Customs are not being particularly vigilant are they.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,784 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Passenger wrote: »
    My 2x bottles arrived just fine, thankfully. Delighted with the service overall. Peculiar that only some people's parcels are being stopped though. Customs are not being particularly vigilant are they.

They can't physically check every single parcel. I imagine it's a combination of random checking and spotting anything suspicious looking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

I'd love to post what I think about it. But I won't. I'm sure others here are the same.

But I do think, we should curtail all chat on the subject. As it has brought undue attention to some posters UK goods.

Now I am going to legally buy 24cans for 20€. And not a fùcking thing customs can do to stop me.

TallGlass wrote: »
    Now I am going to legally buy 24cans for 20€. And not a fùcking thing customs can do to stop me.

Pick up a few of the 2-for-30 bottles of Smirnoffs while you're there too.......
    Offer is good until Sunday in Supervalu

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

Pick up a few of the 2-for-30 bottles of Smirnoffs while you're there too.......
    Offer is good until Sunday in Supervalu

Yeah I am sick about that one, bought one 70cl for 17€ this weekend.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement