Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Booze deals [Megathread]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭fmul9798

Centra image doesn't work for me - what's the price?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

fmul9798 wrote: »
    Centra image doesn't work for me - what's the price?

€15 for the bottle.. To be honest, there are a few offers out there, I know Lidl have an offer for something like a 5€ or something but to me I would pay 5€ extra for a bottle just to not have to deal with that mayhem.

SuperValu have a bottle 75cl for 9€
    Grifòn Prosecco Frizzante 75cl - 9€

• Registered Users Posts: 25,067 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Any deals on Moet yet seem to remember Tesco have good deals this time last year.
    Tesco reduced it to €30 now
    Moet And Chandon Brut Imperial Non Vintage Champagne 75Cl

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭GaGa21

vicwatson wrote:
    Any deals on Champagne in Dunnes? (Cant access their site)

Not Dunnes but Tesco have Moet down to 30euro. Tesco will take dunnes vouchers.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

TallGlass wrote: »
    When do theses Supervalu offers end?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,980 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Supervalu offer cycle generally runs Thursdays - Wednesdays.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭adam240610

Went down to my Tesco, price was 50, found the manager and he just said must be online only. Friend got one the town over in store for thirty, so had to order it online. Set for new years anyways

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

adam240610 wrote: »
    Went down to my Tesco, price was 50, found the manager and he just said must be online only. Friend got one the town over in store for thirty, so had to order it online. Set for new years anyways

Nah, deffo in store at 30, picked up some tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭adam240610

vicwatson wrote: »
    Nah, deffo in store at 30, picked up some tonight.

Damn her, wasted a trip going down and being turned away, ah well thanks.

Apologies, easily one of the worst post I have placed on boards as the rendering is all over the shop. It's as another poster mentioned.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82,571 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Dunnes have 24x500ml of Guinness, Bud or Carlsberg for €25, handy if you have vouchers.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Dunnes have 24x500ml of Guinness, Bud or Carlsberg for €25, handy if you have vouchers.

Or buy two slabs of Guinness get a 10 off €50 voucher then go to tesco tomorrow and use it against 2 x moet so €25 a bottle, New Years sorted :P

M

vicwatson wrote: »
    Or buy two slabs of Guinness get a 10 off €50 voucher then go to tesco tomorrow and use it against 2 x moet so €25 a bottle, New Years sorted :P

I did that earlier :D, what a time to be alive. I've never seen Moet for €30 before.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭whiz

Is the Tesco offer of 18 tins of Orchard Thieves for €20 , finished ?

M

Guinness/Bud 24 for €20 in Aldi until Wednesday.

We must have drank SuperValu dry. Not a sniff of booze in there newsletter. I mean nothing at all.

Central sent me out newsletter, 4 cans of Buds for 6€.

Better get used to it with minimum pricing on the way.

M

Guinness/Bud/Carlsberg 24 for €25 in Dunnes, probably the end week of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

adam240610 wrote: »
    I would have checked it on the in store scanner, or go to a cashier. Tesco was crazy this christmas, if you went to the spirits shelf half or more of the shelf labels were yellow. I saw a few mistakes, i.e. different prices in different displays for the same item. Offers were finishing early and starting again.

I was very surprised that my tesco were totally stocked with 20euro trays, esp. when papers had vouchers. I did not spot anybody stocking up on loads, most were 2 trays in a trolley, would usually see more around christmas at higher prices.

When have the likes of guinness ever been that cheap before? 20euro trays are 83.3cent per can. That is 0.6563 punts. I wonder when it was that price, maybe early to mid 80s
    TallGlass wrote: »
    Better get used to it with minimum pricing on the way.
    if it happens at all. Was reading the bill might go through but not necessarily the potentially disastrous min pricing bit of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭mac.in

Edit: Repeat post. Mods please delete.

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭mac.in

rubadub wrote: »
    I would have checked it on the in store scanner,
    Agree. I was in Waterford where the label prices were not as per what was online. But when checked the item on the self-scanner, the price was showing the online prices. I think the shelf-labels were not sorted/updated (?lack of time; Christmas busy).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭mikeecho

had similar problems with Tesco Ballincollig, cork.. Online prices were cheaper than in store.

when i asked at customer service desk, i was told to just order it online.

sometimes its more convenient to just pick up in-store, than to wait around for a truck to drop off a few bottles.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,422 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Great discount in Castlbar Dunnes. I kid you not. I bought 100 cans and I saved one euro.

carling_discount.jpg

Sorry I didn't put away the dishes for the sake of a nice pic. €1.60 down to €1.59 in case it's not perfectly visible in the pic.

M

AllForIt wrote: »
    Great discount in Castlbar Dunnes. I kid you not. I bought 100 cans and I saved one euro.

Sorry I didn't put away the dishes for the sake of a nice pic. €1.60 down to €1.59 in case it's not perfectly visible in the pic.

The label and the staffs time in adding it to the can would have cost them more than 1 cent :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,422 ✭✭✭AllForIt

The label and the staffs time in adding it to the can would have cost them more than 1 cent :D

I dunno, the staff aren't paid that much :D

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Jakel

Re Tesco price differences

The website updates with the latest prices and new weekly offers on Tuesdays but the store prices don't change until Wednesday. It might explain some of the problems.

M

In Lidl from Monday...
    Perlenbacher Premium Pils 8x500ml €7.39. It's 4.9% so decent kick off it.

202755.png

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭Mister Gooey

In Lidl from Monday... Perlenbacher Premium Pils 8x500ml €7.39. It's 4.9% so decent kick off it.

Never tried it. I'll give at shot at that price.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,979 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Never tried it. I'll give at shot at that price.

I like it and consider it good value at the normal price.
    Don't buy a boot full if you are not sure. Just buy one pack and taste it first.

Also in Lidl

209731.png

BEAMISH Draught Irish Stout
    MULTI-BUY 6 FOR €10
    € 1.99
    500ml | 1L = 3.34 4.3% Alc. Vol.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

As a heads up, if Perlenbacher XXL is in Lidl, then Polish Week, AKA 7.2% cans for €1.50 week, isn't far away :D:D:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement