Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Booze deals [Megathread]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

• Registered Users Posts: 82,571 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Where please?

Tescoz :D

• Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭Sixtoes

8 Guinness for €8 in centra today. White cans.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 692 ✭✭✭fuerte1976

8 Guinness for €8 in centra today. Black cans.

M

And just to be awkward Guinness 8 cans for €8 in SuperValu

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭mightybashful

What colour cans!??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭mightybashful

What colour cans!!??

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

What colour cans!!??

White- I got 3 packs this morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭One_Of_Shanks

Curious, why does it matter if the cans are black ones or white?

And dont go quoting Jacko here :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,979 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Curious, why does it matter if the cans are black ones or white?

And dont go quoting Jacko here :)

It doesn't as long as the porter is black :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭One_Of_Shanks

elperello wrote: »
    It doesn't as long as the porter is black :pac:

:)

Ha, good answer.

Reminds me of something my Dad told me. My parents were sitting at the bar in a hotel in Cork yonks ago and an American tourist was sitting there and said to a local who was sipping a pint of Guinness "Hope you dont mind me asking but how do you drink that stuff?"
    And the Cork man said "with a smile".

I knew a fellow who would swallow off about 1/3 of his first pint of Guinness and with a gleam in his eye he'd say "thank God we're not fond of it".

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

4 bottles of large heino.... 650ml at €10

This appears to be pretty much an ongoing offer in tesco. It is that price more often than not, I always spot it searching heineken to see if cans are on offer.

it is 5% heineken too. Still not particularly cheap.

M

rubadub wrote: »
    This appears to be pretty much an ongoing offer in tesco. It is that price more often than not, I always spot it searching heineken to see if cans are on offer.

it is 5% heineken too. Still not particularly cheap.

Yes you are getting 2.6 litres for €10 so it's the same as paying a shade under €2 per 500ml can, however the difference between the 5% and 4.3% is night and day, it's delish.

Yes you are getting 2.6 litres for €10 so it's the same as paying a shade under €2 per 500ml can, however the difference between the 5% and 4.3% is night and day, it's delish.

Plus, if you are only having the one :pac:

I got 8 of those white cans of Guinness for €8 this morning.
    It's a special edition to commemorate the 120th anniversary of the birth of John Gilroy who designed the classic Guinness ads of the 30's/40's.

I'll drink to his memory tonight.

Yes you are getting 2.6 litres for €10 so it's the same as paying a shade under €2 per 500ml can.
    It is likely from the same vat and just diluted down more, it is all brewed & canned/bottled in holland. I think the 5% is meant to be brewed higher too and diluted down. Guinness is too.

The nutritional info might give it away, if the 5% declare it, I noticed the 4.3% cans do now declare it.

It is 2.6L, but if it was diluted to 4.3% it is 3023ml, so at 10euro works out 1.65 per 500ml 4.3% can. Or 1.09 per 330ml bottle of 4.3%

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭xpletiv

rubadub wrote: »
    It is likely from the same vat and just diluted down more, it is all brewed & canned/bottled in holland. I think the 5% is meant to be brewed higher too and diluted down. Guinness is too.

The nutritional info might give it away, if the 5% declare it, I noticed the 4.3% cans do now declare it.

It is 2.6L, but if it was diluted to 4.3% it is 3023ml, so at 10euro works out 1.65 per 500ml 4.3% can. Or 1.09 per 330ml bottle of 4.3%

bcf.png

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

This debate reminds me of the following post from Reddit regarding Lidl cider vs beer (Galahad) in terms of value:

Lidl Cider, 5.3%, €3.79 for 2L. It can't be beaten.
    3.79/(5.3*2) = 36c per unit of alcohol to 2 SF
    Whereas your Galahad is 14.79/(20*2) = 37c per unit of alcohol to 2 SF.
    Now, this is obviously is quite close and ABV won't be constant from batch to batch, so we might expect that some cans of Galahad offer a better alcohol:cost ratio than some bottles of Lidl Cider. HOWEVER, as the number of cans and bottles approach infinity, the probability of the Lidl Cider drinker getting better value than the Galahad drinker approaches 1.

And as everyone here knows, the number of cans and bottles should always approach infinity ;):D

Deal-wise, didn't see it mentioned here but the Sunday World had a Dunnes €10 off €50 spend voucher a few weeks ago - which I presume is still usable in Tesco as well. So that puts an end to "newspaper vouchers are a thing of the past", should keep an eye out for more over the next while.

M

SuperValu
    Heineken 20x330ml bottles €18
    They also still have Guinness 8 for €8

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭10green bottles

18 x Orchard Thieves for €20 in Tesco Longwalk Dundalk (bad photo,kids were with me)
    About 16 packs left today at 6pm.

27657601_1819316724768622_8157548632376040791_n.jpg?oh=522d04a7785c802a0fbeb6540061ea8d&oe=5B174492

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭893bet

Baileys on offer anywhere?

M

893bet wrote: »

€15 for 700ml in SuperValu, expires end of the day tomorrow.

893bet wrote: »

extremely surprised to see it is 10euro for 700ml in tesco.
    https://www.tesco.ie/groceries/Product/Details/?id=255249776

alid from 10/2/2018 until 14/2/2018

must be a valentines "thing". I was all set to say it is only really on offer at xmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭xpletiv

Tenner for baileys! Cracker :D

M

SuperValu
    Smirnoff 700ml €18
    Absolut 700ml €20

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭Mister Gooey

Any good whiskey deals out there? The stocks at home are running low 😔

• Registered Users Posts: 965 ✭✭✭phunkadelic

Any good whiskey deals out there? The stocks at home are running low ��
    Few whiskeys here:
    https://www.obrienswine.ie/spirits/spirits/current-offers.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭peejay1986

Anyone recommend a good place to buy a nice bottle of gin? If there's deals on some nice Irish-made brands then even better.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

peejay1986 wrote: »
    Anyone recommend a good place to buy a nice bottle of gin? If there's deals on some nice Irish-made brands then even better.

O'Briens have Drumshanbo Gunpowder gin @ 44 a bottle?
    Local offies- often have gin events (such as Kenny's Offlicense in Lucan Village- who showcase a different Irish gin on a regular basis).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

Saw Ha'penny Gin in Dunnes the other day. Was the regular price of €40, but came in a nice box with two branded gin glasses.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement