Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Booze deals [Megathread]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭mightybashful

CH3OH wrote: »
    tesco .. not sure if mentioned before

446381.jpg

Just got a couple of 12 packs of Bulmers in tesco clondalkin at €10.60 each

• Registered Users Posts: 82,573 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

If any of you have a Visa card setup with AIB Visa Rewards they are currently offering €10 off a €50 spend in Dunnes on groceries, so if you also had 2 €10 off €50 spend Dunnes vouchers you would get 4 crates/spirits for €70 using your card. Remember that you must actually spend €50 to get €10 off with Visa Rewards, buying €50 worth of items for €40 with the €10 off Dunnes voucher will not qualify.

Thanks to lau1247 in the AIB Rewards thread for the heads up.
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057736894&page=59

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,784 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

jc77 wrote: »
    My local tesco had the following:

Paulaner: down to €1.71
    Spaten: down to €1.61
    Staropramen: down to €1.61
    The Foxes Rock Pale Ale: down to €1.49
    Galway Hooker Stout: down to €1.79
    Galway Hooker Lager: down to €1.79
    Blacks Kinsale Pale Ale: down to €2.03
    Blacks Kinsale 1601: down to €1.91

Add to that:

Afligem: €1.67
    Guinness Antwerpen: €1.95
    Puck Pale Ale: €1.92
    Boyne Oatmeal Stout: €1.80
    Full Sail IPA: €1.92

Other canned stuff reduced too that I didn't bother taking note of.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Captain Morgan and smirnoff both marked as 20 each in tesco Merrion. Limited to 4 per customer. Didn't check the others.

didn't notice Morgans, but smirnoff 1L was 20 in my tesco with the 4 limit. Gordons 1L was also 20 with no limit.

There was no yellow label on the smirnoff to say when it ended, or even to indicate its an offer. I told a woman who came up after me and just blindly put the 700ml in her basket which was 19.99.

The quota of 4 was on a big label but was on a box a few feet away, easily missed.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭Geuze

Quackster wrote: »
    Add to that:

Afligem: €1.67
    Guinness Antwerpen: €1.95
    Puck Pale Ale: €1.92
    Boyne Oatmeal Stout: €1.80
    Full Sail IPA: €1.92

Other canned stuff reduced too that I didn't bother taking note of.

And Guinness FES for 1.59!!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭Geuze

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Good thinking, I also have 6.50 Tesco vouchers so 2 bottles Jameson for 23.50 sweeeet

I don't know why, but I received two sets of 4x DS 10 off vouchers in the post during the last few weeks.

The last voucher of the first set overlaps with the first voucher of the new set.

Deadline today on both of them.

So I bought Jameson and Crested Ten for 38 this evening, and repeated than ten mins later.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,500 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Cute hoor 1.67 to add to the list

Geuze wrote: »
    Deadline today on both of them.

So I bought Jameson and Crested Ten for 38 this evening, and repeated than ten mins later.
    not sure if you thought you had to go back in again (and therefore 10min delay). But I have gone up with 2 dunnes vouchers and just put down 2 lots of bottles with the divider splitting them and said I want to use a voucher on each and it was no problem.

This post was in the tesco groceries thread
    Owryan wrote: »
    May as well stick this here.

Tesco are allowing people combine €10 off vouchers, I was able to use one of their own and one of the Dunnes vouchers today. A €50 shop cost me just 30 which was nice.

This was in Tesco Carlow, but the woman said all stores should be allowing it.
    I would certainly not expect that. No reason to believe the poster was spoofing or that the checkout person was, but I would not rely on it as I see absolutely no reason they would do it. I have no doubt they are making a loss on the stuff I buy with the vouchers!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

rubadub wrote: »
    didn't notice Morgans, but smirnoff 1L was 20 in my tesco with the 4 limit. Gordons 1L was also 20 with no limit.

There was no yellow label on the smirnoff to say when it ended, or even to indicate its an offer. I told a woman who came up after me and just blindly put the 700ml in her basket which was 19.99.

The quota of 4 was on a big label but was on a box a few feet away, easily missed.

What a beautiful post to read on this lovely Sunday morning!

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭mac.in

Hennessy VS Cognac 70cl at €25 in Tesco.

• Advertisement

Tesco online now shows that the smirnoff/gordons/Captain moragn 1L for 20euro offer ends on 1/4/18

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭prodsc

Tesco

Peroni 12x330ml €15, 2 for €25

Valid til Monday 02/04.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Kop Idol

prodsc wrote: »
    Tesco

Peroni 12x330ml €15, 2 for €25 

Valid til Monday 02/04.
    Also included in the same deal...

Corona Light 12 x 355Ml
    Corona Extra 12 x 355Ml
    Hop House Lager 12 x 330ml
    Tiger Beer 12 x 330ml
    Sol. Mexican 12 x 330ml

Doesn't say if you can mix and match boxes. Anyone know if that's possible ?

• Registered Users Posts: 36 idontlikemyname

Kop Idol wrote: »
    Also included in the same deal...

Corona Light 12 x 355Ml
    Corona Extra 12 x 355Ml
    Hop House Lager 12 x 330ml
    Tiger Beer 12 x 330ml
    Sol. Mexican 12 x 330ml

Doesn't say if you can mix and match boxes. Anyone know if that's possible ?

Able to mix and match the last 3 anyway in Tesco Ardkeen. The corona didn't have a mix and match label.

Also €12 for 18 cans of Smithwicks! 👌

Geuze wrote: »
    And Guinness FES for 1.59!!!!!!!

In a different Tesco store today and spotted a range of beers on clearance, including many I haven't seen on clearance before. On the other hand, others I'd spotted on clearance in other Tesco stores at the weekend were full price in this store.

One that I made the most of is:

Kentucky Bourbon Barrel Ale @ €1.65

The moral of the story is check what's on clearance at your local Tesco!

M

Tesco
    2 for €25€30 mix and match
    Heineken 20x330ml
    Coors 20x330ml
    Bulmers20x300ml

• Registered Users Posts: 4,859 ✭✭✭RayCon

^ Hofbräu München – Münchner Weisse €1.92 per bottle in my local (normally €3.20)... nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Tesco 2 for €25 mix and match Heineken 20x330ml Coors 20x330ml Bulmers20x300ml

You get me all excited there for 12.50 boxes of heino but website says 2 for 30?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Negative_G

I had no issue mixing the 2 for €25 offer in my local Tesco. Got four boxes as I had a €10 of voucher to use.

48 330ml bottles of Peroni for €40 euro. Cant argue with €0.83c a bottle. For comparison, Tesco are doing 3 660ml bottles for €9. The equivalent volume in the smaller bottles comes in at under €5 (assuming you use a voucher).

M

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    You get me all excited there for 12.50 boxes of heino but website says 2 for 30?
    Negative_G wrote: »
    I had no issue mixing the 2 for €25 offer in my local Tesco. Got four boxes as I had a €10 of voucher to use.

Apologies, yes it's 2 for €30, just glanced at the paper earlier, still not the worst I suppose.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

the offers don't seem as good for Easter as they did for St. Patrick's Day/weekend.
    A man rises from the dead and we fail to see the need to celebrate that with cheap(er) drink..shameful :rolleyes:

M

the offers don't seem as good for Easter as they did for St. Patrick's Day/weekend.
    A man rises from the dead and we fail to see the need to celebrate that with cheap(er) drink..shameful :rolleyes:

They're still pretty much all there...

The 2 for €50 mix and match on crates & spirits is on in Dunnes until Monday.

Tesco have €20 crates of Guinness and Bud also litre bottles of Smirnoff, Gordons and Captain Morgan €20 in Tesco.

What I do wonder is are the off licences open on Good Friday or is it just the pubs?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Negative_G

Apologies, yes it's 2 for €30, just glanced at the paper earlier, still not the worst I suppose.

Its not two for €30. Peroni is €15 for 12 or two cases of 12 for €25.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

What I do wonder is are the off licences open on Good Friday or is it just the pubs?
    In Tesco Greystones there is a big sign up saying they are selling alcohol on Good Friday at the usual weekday hours

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭gustafo

I havn't seen slabs and 12 pack beer packs this cheap for a long time it's great, i suppose it will all change when this minimun price on alcohol comes in,

When does it actually come in anybody know?

gustafo wrote: »
    Hopefully it won't, and hopefully if it never does people will not forget that Leo was in instigator and has likely squandered hundred of thousands, if not millions on this BS.

gustafo wrote: »
    I havn't seen slabs and 12 pack beer packs this cheap for a long time it's great, i suppose it will all change when this minimun price on alcohol comes in,

I notice that Tesco is already reconfiguring the alcohol sections of some of its stores to comply with the new legislation.

When similar legislation was passed in Scotland, the Scottish government deferred commencement of parts of the act for six months to give retailers time to adjust and I'd expect similar here. So I think minimum pricing is unlikely to happen this side of Christmas but we could see it early next year.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,946 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Anyone know if tesco have been cleaned out of Jameson @ 20 yet or would it be worth a trip?
    Cork stores...

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Jiggaman

RayCon wrote: »
    ^ Hofbräu München – Münchner Weisse €1.92 per bottle in my local (normally €3.20)... nice.

Where is this?

Cheers. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,859 ✭✭✭RayCon

Jiggaman wrote: »
    Where is this?

Cheers. :D

Maynooth ... by the way , it's only that variant ... the Original is still €3.20

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement