Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Booze deals [Megathread]

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

xpletiv wrote: »
    Greenspot is fantastic, preferred it to redbreast in the past.

+1
    Occasionally you can find 15 Year Old Redbreast (on rare occasions) in the same ballpark as the 12 year old- and that is a no brainer. Choice between the 12 year old and Greenspot though- go for the Greenspot.

Personal choice- if up North or in the UK- 15 year old Glenfiddich.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭ActingDanClark

Amy deals on Coors light?

• Registered Users Posts: 82,573 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Tesco
    Smirnoff/Huzzar/New Amsterdam/Bacardi/Captain Morgan/Cork Dry Gin 1 litre €23
    Tanqueray 700ml €35

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭squadro

Aldi still doing a slab of Guinness for €20. ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

Have used parcel wizard in the past and never had a problem.

Remember that parcel motel is now owned by UPS and they comply fully with customs regs - even a tub of paracetamol was confiscated recently :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭ablelocks

anyone know of any deals for this weekend?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭physioman

ablelocks wrote: »

West coast cooler rose is 4 euro in tesco

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Frank_1969

Bushmills whiskey 70cl €20 in Supervalu.

M

Guinness and I think some other crates too are €30 in Dunnes, good if you have a €10 off €50 spend voucher and are getting 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭littlesthobo

Brewdog Dead Pony Club pale ale 4pk scanning at €1.50. Spotted at Tesco's Nenagh, shelf cleared but maybe elsewhere. Staff said it was pricing error but honored pricing on label

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭andrew1977

Anyone spot any deals on smithwicks?

All I can find is 8 cans for 14 euro.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Picked up Twisted Tree vintage cider for 99c per 330 ml can in Aldi in Killarney. Don't know if it's in all Aldi's, nice cider reduced from €1.69. 7.4%!

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭simon360

Hey there, looking to buy a few trays of Heineken or carlsberg (24x500ml) anyone know if that's on deal anywhere? TIA

• Registered Users Posts: 965 ✭✭✭phunkadelic

andrew1977 wrote: »
    Anyone spot any deals on smithwicks?

All I can find is 8 cans for 14 euro.

Thanks

You would get some proper ale for that price. Red ale would be closest to Smithwicks:

https://www.aldi.ie/o%27shea%27s-ales/p/067101007146000

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Frank_1969

simon360 wrote: »
    Hey there, looking to buy a few trays of Heineken or carlsberg (24x500ml) anyone know if that's on deal anywhere? TIA
    Dunnes had Carlsberg 24cans for €27 recently,not sure if it's still available at that price.

• Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭Yellow Dog

For anyone heading north Asda have 24x440ml cans Tennents for £10

https://groceries.asda.com/product/canned-lagers/tennents-lager/910000456105

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭dan185

Tesco

Hesitant to post this until I get back for more, as there was so much stock! But most craft beers/ IPAs /Pale Ales etc are down to €1.20-€1.60. This was in the fridges, everything on normal shelves was there standard 4 for €10.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭bennyob

Tullamore Dew 1 litre - €25.00 in Supervalu

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭clio_16v

Franciscan Well 330ml cans 6 for 10 euro in Aldi. Normally nearly double that

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

clio_16v wrote: »
    Franciscan Well 330ml cans 6 for 10 euro in Aldi. Normally nearly double that

We talkin' Friar Weisse?

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,820 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

dan185 wrote: »
    Tesco

Hesitant to post this until I get back for more, as there was so much stock! But most craft beers/ IPAs /Pale Ales etc are down to €1.20-€1.60. This was in the fridges, everything on normal shelves was there standard 4 for €10.

Any chance of telling us which tesco?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,500 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Same in my local, tons of stuff such as cans and American stuff down to euro approx.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,784 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

TheDriver wrote: »
    Same in my local, tons of stuff such as cans and American stuff down to euro approx.

Yep, various Tesco stores have been clearing various beers for several weeks now. It's very much store-specific what's on offer where.

M

Guinness still €30 a tray in Dunnes.

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭clio_16v

We talkin' Friar Weisse?
    Friar Weisse, Rebel Red and Chieftan

• Registered Users Posts: 12,500 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Quackster wrote: »
    Yep, various Tesco stores have been clearing various beers for several weeks now. It's very much store-specific what's on offer where.
    Seems like a whole new reduction took place yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

Guinness still €30 a tray in Dunnes.
    and with a €10 voucher in this Sundays Independent that's two slabs for €50 plus a new voucher to use in either Dunnes or Tesco :D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

casio4 wrote: »
    and with a €10 voucher in this Sundays Independent that's two slabs for €50 plus a new voucher to use in either Dunnes or Tesco :D

Jameson Caskmates 70cl reduced to EUR25 also in Dunnes- lots of people seem to like it- its not to my taste- but hey.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

clio_16v wrote: »
    Friar Weisse, Rebel Red and Chieftan

LIDL or ALDI?

Edit - this in LIDL not ALDI

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭littlesthobo

mfceiling wrote: »
    Any chance of telling us which tesco?

Loads of different craft beers reduced in Nenagh and other stores too, I've been sampling different beers for the last few weeks. Selection varies depending on store, some bargains to be had for sure.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement