Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Booze deals [Megathread]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭xpletiv

any tips on a premium vodka? Grey goose, belvedere, etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,035 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

OBriens have Jameson Crested for 27e ... cheapest I have seen it.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭sceach16

odyssey06 wrote: »
    OBriens have Jameson Crested for 27e ... cheapest I have seen it.

Yep but it is generally on special...Tesco 28 and Supervalu 29. Stilll nice to see Supermarkets being beaten! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 82,578 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

xpletiv wrote: »

Premiumish...Absolut 700ml €19 in Tesco

• Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

finlandi is 29 down to 20 in carry out, not a vodka drinker these days so i have no idea if its decent

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Peter File

OmegaGene wrote: »
    finlandi is 29 down to 20 in carry out, not a vodka drinker these days so i have no idea if its decent
    Finlandia is a lovely quality vodka and is on a par with absolut as recommended above

has anyone bought off amazon and used parcel motel? Some great deals on there but im wondering if they hit you with tax or something :/

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

has anyone bought off amazon and used parcel motel? Some great deals on there but im wondering if they hit you with tax or something :/

Lol. Was literally just looking. No, anything I bought from Amazon using PM/Parcel Wizard before was never hit with tax.

We're good for now, it's only stuff from outside the E.U for orders over €22 that get hit with customs tax.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭cadaliac

Peter File wrote: »
    Finlandia is a lovely quality vodka and is on a par with absolut as recommended above

Finlandia is far superior to absolute, from a vodka drinker ðŸ˜,
    €20 is great value and super value had the same last weekend. Picking up another today if available

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Lol. Was literally just looking. No, anything I bought from Amazon using PM/Parcel Wizard before was never hit with tax.

We're good for now, it's only stuff from outside the E.U for orders over €22 that get hit with customs tax.

Parcel Motel have been hitting customers extremely hard with customs/excise/VAT etc- since they were acquired by UPS. I would strongly advise against assuming you'll not have a tidy bill to pay if you use them- their entire modus operandi has changed. Regardless of what may or may not have happened in the past with Parcel Motel- assume you are going to pay taxes/duty/excise- if you use them from here on in............

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 nicolaed1

Think Titos Vodka in Dunnes for €30 looks a great deal. A rich person I know drinks that ahead of grey goose if she can get it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭podge3

Ha'penny Dublin Gin is half-price at €20 until Sunday in Tesco.

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭Agent_47

Heiniken Beer bottle packs are saucy prices in SuperV and Tesco, if anything their prices have gone up rather than down pre world cup. Does one have to wait until the 14th ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭magentis

cadaliac wrote: »
    Finlandia is far superior to absolute, from a vodka drinker ðŸ˜,
    €20 is great value and super value had the same last weekend. Picking up another today if available

It's Absolut isn't it!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

magentis wrote: »
    It's Absolut isn't it!

Why bother correcting people’s spelling mistakes ? Does it make you feel superior ?
    Absolute or Absolut everyone knows what is being spoken about

The internet isn’t for everyone

M

Agent_47 wrote: »
    Heiniken Beer bottle packs are saucy prices in SuperV and Tesco, if anything their prices have gone up rather than down pre world cup. Does one have to wait until the 14th ?

I'd expect that day or the day before. Good chance too that Tesco will start offering deals from this Sunday and have ads in the papers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭magentis

OmegaGene wrote: »

Its Finlandia isn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

magentis wrote: »
    Its Finlandia isn't it?

"Its"?

Did you mean "It's"?

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

"Its"?

Did you mean "It's"?

Why don't you all have a drink and chillax?!?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Why don't you all have a drink and chillax?!?

Sipping a cold Danzka cranraz vodka here, highly recommend it.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,870 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

MiskyBoyy wrote: »

The €22 exemption is only for non-excisable goods.

Try that with drink, ciggies or perfume (?!) and there's a reasonable chance it'll be seized, EU or non-EU.

The Dublin Airport cap is damaging the economy of Ireland as a whole, and must be scrapped forthwith.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

What's the current going rate for cheap naggins (200ml / 20cl)? Any naggin will do, wondering if there's much difference between tesco, Lidl, Aldi etc. Seems that the average naggin costs around €10 these days but are there any around which are substantially less? Even if it's complete piss it'll do, I'm looking for something so throwaway-cheap that if I lose it I won't mind :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,118 ✭✭✭mikeecho

What's the current going rate for cheap naggins (200ml / 20cl)? Any naggin will do, wondering if there's much difference between tesco, Lidl, Aldi etc. Seems that the average naggin costs around €10 these days but are there any around which are substantially less? Even if it's complete piss it'll do, I'm looking for something so throwaway-cheap that if I lose it I won't mind :D

I've no idea.

I'm currently having a single malt, no idea what it costs.

Alcohol is to be enjoyed in moderation (most of the time)

If you're looking for a cheap fix, try paint stripper *

*do not drink paint stripper°

°unless it's an erotic stripper called 'paint ' ☆

☆she's a squiter, and you're both clean for std/sti etc

T&C' s apply
    E&OE
    You may loose your home if you do not keep up with payments.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,035 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

You can usually get naggin of blended scotch in tesco for under a tenner such as teachers... maybe 8 euros. Doesnt compare to a single malt of course and usually drunk with a mixer maybe ginger ale or loaded with ice cubes. Brian Clough swore (literally) by Bells scotch and orange juice.

Or just keep you empty next time and fill it from a 13 euro bottle of white label sprits from tesco or aldi. Thats white label spirits not white spirits but I havent done taste test yet.
    Feel free to start a thread with reviews of the bargain aisle we don't seem to have too many of them so far! Send yourself an email after the first sip as recollection on the next day may be unreliable :)

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

M

Tesco
    Bud 24x500ml €20

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭Sponsorgate

Super Valu

12 Tiger bottles 330ml - 10 euro

Any bottle deals, I don't do cans :)

M

Agent_47 wrote: »
    Any bottle deals, I don't do cans :)

Heineken/Coors 20x330ml for €20 in Tesco

• Advertisement

Heineken/Coors 20x330ml for €20 in Tesco

Thanks but too dear, need a cheaper deal than that.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement