Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Booze deals [Megathread]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82,578 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Agent_47 wrote: »
    Thanks but too dear, need a cheaper deal than that.

:D. Carlsberg 20x300ml €16

Agent_47 wrote: »
    Any bottle deals, I don't do cans :)

Argus beer in Lidl. 10 x 250ml bottles for 4.99. very drinkable stuff. So drinkable in fact I'm all out and will be going back for more.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 470 ✭✭TetraSonic55

I seen 12 packs of Carls, Bud and Guinness in my local SuperValu, loads of them stacked.

I was talking to one of the staff and they reckon they will be going for €12 from tomorrow

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 470 ✭✭TetraSonic55

Confirmation on SuperValu Website.

12 packs of Carls, Bud and Guinness for €10

20 pack bottles of Bud and Carl's, Any 2 for €25.

Pretty decent deals!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Dunnés
    wVd9t6i.jpg?1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭ActingDanClark

Apparently I polished off my daughter's stash of Corona light when I arrived home last Saturday night, now it's replacement time- anyone spotted any good deals on Corona light???

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭zell12

CTfKxYA.jpg?1

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭keavebm

Hennessey 30 a bottle supervalu

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭cadaliac

On the perlenbacher from Lidl, standard price of €7 odd for 6 bottles, 500ml. Great value, all the time. Decent beer tbf

cadaliac wrote: »
    On the perlenbacher from Lidl, standard price of €7 odd for 6 bottles, 500ml. Great value, all the time. Decent beer tbf

not for me, the normal 6x500ml is brewed in France and I don't like the taste. The XXL 8 pack is brewed in Germany and is good stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,870 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

500mL Full Sail x4 for €10 is a very good deal. The previous deal on it was 3 for €9.

The Dublin Airport cap is damaging the economy of Ireland as a whole, and must be scrapped forthwith.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,980 ✭✭✭✭elperello

glasso wrote: »
    not for me, the normal 6x500ml is brewed in France and I don't like the taste. The XXL 8 pack is brewed in Germany and is good stuff.

I saw this on here before some time ago.

I posted at the time that I thought it was a strange marketing idea ie. to promote a special offer on a beer and then follow up with an inferior product when the offer is over.

I was interested enough to do a blind tasting between the two, French and German. I tasted them without chilling them and couldn't detect any difference.
    Now that's just me. Obviously if you don't like the taste of the French version you should avoid it. After all life is too short to drink beer you don't like :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,290 ✭✭✭Ardent

70 cl Bulleit bourbon whiskey in Tesco for 30 euro. I have NEVER seen these for sale for less than 42 euros - great whiskey and great price.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Ardent wrote: »
    70 cl Bulleit bourbon whiskey in Tesco for 30 euro. I have NEVER seen these for sale for less than 42 euros - great whiskey and great price.

Get it quick before the EU tariffs on Bourbon start to have their effect on consumer prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭eqwjewoiujqorj

Alid Clarke's Bourbon is now €13.99 permanently - used to be €14.99.

No point in paying more if you're adding mixers.

When it was first introduced in 2009 it was €18.39

GavAYnx.png

• Registered Users Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭GY A1

What’s this like.
    The lidl version is rough
    Alid Clarke's Bourbon is now €13.99 permanently - used to be €14.99.

No point in paying more if you're adding mixers.

When it was first introduced in 2009 it was €18.39

GavAYnx.png

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭eqwjewoiujqorj

GY A1 wrote: »
    What’s this like.
    The lidl version is rough

I agree the Lidl one is quite harsh, paint stripper like, but this one goes down very smooth and pleasant - quite similar to Jim Beam.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭moeblogs

12 500ml cans Bud €10 SuperValu..8 cans Coors light €10. Had €5 voucher for €30 spend. 2 Coors 1 bud €25..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭donegal_man

I agree the Lidl one is quite harsh, paint stripper like, but this one goes down very smooth and pleasant - quite similar to Jim Beam.

Definitely going to give it a try at that price before the trade war between US and EU makes Bourbon a long forgotten luxury

• Registered Users Posts: 4,501 ✭✭✭VW 1

Dunnes charlestown doing four for ten on pretty much all beers on the shelf, including rye rivers big banging and double banging ipa which are 3.50 and 3.80 each and not normally included in those deals.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

According to a Reddit thread, it's #10 for 12x500ml Guinness in Supervalu at the moment - not sure if this is select or nationwide. Would copy the photos but it's feckin' huge :D

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭badboyblast

According to a Reddit thread, it's #10 for 12x500ml Guinness in Supervalu at the moment - not sure if this is select or nationwide. Would copy the photos but it's feckin' huge :D

Yes , 12 cans 10 euros, I got them

• Registered Users Posts: 11,753 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

All these latest deals are going to continue for the remainder of the world cup.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭CWF

Any deals on Champagne?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭d31b0y

Need some booze for the weekend. Any good crate / half crate offers?
    I see 12 for €10 on guinness in Supervalu but its bit warm to be drinking that the whole time.
    Bud is a no go. Can't stand it.
    Any other good offers? Didn't see anything in Tesco...

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭HelenT

d31b0y wrote: »
    I see 12 for €10 on guinness in Supervalu but its bit warm to be drinking that the whole time.

Coor light 24 for 28Euro in Tesco. Also 6 bottles of vino for 40Euro

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭cadaliac

d31b0y wrote: »
    Aldi usually do 5 x Spaten for 10 euro. Haven't been to Aldi beer hunting in a while but Spaten is a great beer and strong too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭d31b0y

Never been a massive fan of Coors light. I just noticed that SuperValu actually still have Carlsberg 12 for €10. That'll do nicely.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

Bulmers is €30 for 24 cans in Tesco

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭sedohre

Looking for a vodka, nothing premium, as it's for a mixed drink.

Has anyone tried Aldi's or Tesco's vodka or have any other recommendations?

Thanks

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement