Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Booze deals [Megathread]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,785 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Lidl's second cheapest (They have 3) is absolutely fine.

Blue labelling, 40%, 700ml bottle. The dearest one is in a 500ml bottle and the cheapest is red labelling, 37.5%, 700ml.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

L1011 wrote: »
    Lidl's second cheapest (They have 3) is absolutely fine.

Blue labelling, 40%, 700ml bottle. The dearest one is in a 500ml bottle and the cheapest is red labelling, 37.5%, 700ml.

I just had my first try off the 500ml bottle "Korol" from Lidl, it's a very nice vodka, very smooth.

It was only 13 euro if memory serves which is on par with Smirnoff or some of the other big names, might even be a smidgen cheaper.

I'd rate it smoother than any of the other big brand vodka's in the price range (and some of the expensive one's too), it's 5 times distilled and 40% vol which is stronger than most.

Lovely with crushed ice and cranberry juice.

There'll be more of it bought by me for sure.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,980 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Jack Daniels 700ml €25 in Super Valu

• Registered Users Posts: 82,579 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

elperello wrote: »
    Jack Daniels 700ml €25 in Super Valu

Apparently trade tarrifs were going on bourbon from yesterday, best buy it up now if you are a fan.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭donegal_man

If the tariffs only apply to Bourbon then JD should be unaffected as it's a Tennessee sour mash.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82,579 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

If the tariffs only apply to Bourbon then JD should be unaffected as it's a Tennessee sour mash.

25% more expensive apparently...

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/us-eu-trade-war-tarrifs-goods-trump-steel-aluminium-american-products-european-union-a8411331.html

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I would not trust papers.

http://trade.ec.europa.eu/doclib/docs/2018/march/tradoc_156648.pdf
    22083011 Bourbon whiskey, in containers holding <= 2 l
    22083019 Bourbon whiskey, in containers holding > 2 l
    22083082 Whisky, in containers holding <= 2 l (other than Bourbon whiskey and Scotch whisky)
    22083088 Whisky, in containers holding > 2 l (other than Bourbon whiskey and Scotch whisky)

Also it is a tariff, not some form of new VAT at 25% on top of the current sale price which includes excise and VAT.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,980 ✭✭✭✭elperello

O'Briens have the 20 x 300ml Carlsberg bottles for €12 again and a nice Tempranillo, Protocolo Tinto on offer for €8.76.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭ActingDanClark

Lidl greystones-Fresh supply of leffe 75cl, no price up but usually e2.99

• Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

Anyone been to dunnes lately ? Just wondered if they had any offers going

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Advertisement

Lidl greystones-Fresh supply of leffe 75cl, no price up but usually e2.99

Bad effort Dan.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Bad effort Dan.

?

?

?

I don't understand?

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 470 ✭✭TetraSonic55

The confusion :D

I don't understand?

Me neither, where was the bargain alert?

Me neither, where was the bargain alert?

Quite simple really, it's rarely in stock, very strong, very tasty beer. Find it elsewhere at that price?

Quite simple really, it's rarely in stock, very strong, very tasty beer. Find it elsewhere at that price?

You're getting warm Dan.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,784 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

4x33cl packs of Leffe are €5.99 in Dunnes, all the time. Slightly more expensive per unit volume than Lidl but I much prefer the convenience of the smaller bottle.

Some beauts on here

• Advertisement

Some beauts on here

Keep it real Dan.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,785 ✭✭✭✭L1011

JD is Bourbon. Not using the term is a marketing decision alone

Keep it real Dan.

Again I'm lost. I contributed a bargain to a bargain alert thread, a bargain that gets posted every time Lidl have it in stock?

L1011 wrote: »
    JD is Bourbon. Not using the term is a marketing decision alone

Jack Daniels is Tennessee Whiskey. It is made almost the same way as Bourbon until the part where is it charcoal filtered. The charcoal imparts a distinctive flavor to the whiskey. This is not allowed in Bourbon, because it changes the taste.

Again I'm lost. I contributed a bargain to a bargain alert thread, a bargain that gets posted every time Lidl have it in stock?

Jog on Dan.

Jog on Dan.

FYP

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Jack Daniels is Tennessee Whiskey. It is made almost the same way as Bourbon until the part where is it charcoal filtered. The charcoal imparts a distinctive flavor to the whiskey. This is not allowed in Bourbon, because it changes the taste.

I'm looking at a bottle right now and it clearly states it is Tennessee Whiskey, no mention of Bourbon anywhere.

Gonna put it back in the cabinet now and have another Danzka currant with crushed ice and cranberry juice.

Sláinte.

I'm looking at a bottle right now and it clearly states it is Tennessee Whiskey, no mention of Bourbon anywhere.

Gonna put it back in the cabinet now and have another Danzka currant with crushed ice and cranberry juice.

Sláinte.

Yeah it’s not a bourbon and it’s not a marketing ploy either as mentioned earlier

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,784 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

OmegaGene wrote: »

As L1011 said, Jack Daniels is not a Bourbon because they don't want it to be, pure and simple. The Lincoln County Process does not prohibit a whiskey from being classified as a Bourbon.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement