Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Booze deals [Megathread]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

What a time to be alive, thank you Lord!

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Frank_1969

Picked up 2 X 12 cans of Bulmers in Centra earlier for €20.. Heineken also available.. Great deal and no vouchers needed... Available until the 25th.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,877 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Mother in law doesn't have a Tesco clubcard and doesn't usually shop there, but a few weeks ago she got some €5 off €25 vouchers in the post out of the blue and a plea to "come and join us". [GDPR, how are ya.] I put two of them to good use today, 2x 1L Paddy @€;25 each, less vouchers = €20 a litre. Still have the other bunch of €5 off €25 vouchers we earned off our own clubcard, the 6 bottles of wine offer beckons...

We normally shop in Dunnes and always have plenty of their €10 off €50 vouchers, their spirits offers have been terrible lately, nowhere near as competitive as O'Briens never mind Tesco or Supervalu (no SV near us) but they have to drop their guard sooner or later, and then we pounce :)

I just need a bonded warehouse to store all this stuff before xmas to stop me drinking all of it :pac:

The Dublin Airport cap is damaging the economy of Ireland as a whole, and must be scrapped forthwith.

i have a 5er off 25 in tesco....

bottle of hennessy for 20quid... jameson for 15 or 24guinness for 15!?

ITS THE MOST WONDERFUL TIME OF THE YEAR!!!

The problem with a Hennessy offer is I'll be persuaded to buy the mother in law a bottle.

She'll have a couple of drams out of it and then throw out the rest a few months later in case it goes off :eek: :mad: :eek:

The Dublin Airport cap is damaging the economy of Ireland as a whole, and must be scrapped forthwith.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,622 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Strange that Tesco have 2 x 1 litre bottles of Smirnoff for €40 and the others are 2 for €50?

• Advertisement

They've 2 litres of Gordon's Gin for €40 too, which would be more up my alley, but where to hide it... :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,935 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

The problem with a Hennessy offer is I'll be persuaded to buy the mother in law a bottle.

She'll have a couple of drams out of it and then throw out the rest a few months later in case it goes off :eek: :mad: :eek:

I don't suppose they sell naggins? :pac:

If she was a bit of a lush, which she totally isn't, I could offer to refill them at an economic price :) the cost of small bottles of spirits is off the wall

Just an awful shame to hear about quality spirits going down the drain, first time I heard her say it I was fit to be tied (figuratively speaking) and had to do the nod politely thing (why isn't there a screaming in inchoate rage smiley?)

Spirits do not go off, of course. In a barrel they age. In a bottle, they evaporate, very very slowly. You can rock up to the Celtic Whiskey Shop tomorrow and buy a 1930s bottle of Jameson, it'll have evaporated a bit but it'll taste exactly the same as the day it was bottled and some of the older spirits in the blend might stretch back to Bloomsday or even the 19th century.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭sasta le

What would be the best deal on Coors light with bottle or can any seen

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭tennis12

sasta le wrote: »

I see SuperValu are doing 2 boxes of 20 bottles for €25. Great Value! Bummers 20 bottles and heineken 20 bottles also 2 boxes for €25. Thursday22nd-Sunday 25th.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

sasta le wrote: »

SuperValu 2 boxes of 20 bottles for €25

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭manster

SuperValu also have an offer of Jameson whiskey with 2 free glasses for 20 euro.

tennis12 wrote: »
    I see SuperValu are doing 2 boxes of 20 bottles for €25. Great Value! Bummers 20 bottles and heineken 20 bottles also 2 boxes for €25. Thursday22nd-Sunday 25th.

Had to laugh at bummers :D
    Stupid phones eh

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

manster wrote: »
    SuperValu also have an offer of Jameson whiskey with 2 free glasses for 20 euro.

regular bottle now €19 there too
    Valid: Nov 22nd - Nov 26th

https://shop.supervalu.ie/shopping/wine-beer-spirits-irish-whiskey-jameson-triple-distilled-70-centiliter-/p-1012072003

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

OmegaGene wrote: »

And when gone they are gone as no more stock going in at weekend apparentely

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

Just back from Tesco.

Powers gold 20euro. Used a voucher to get it for 15.

Hennessey was 30.

Jameson was 23.

Guinness 25 for 24 cans

vicwatson wrote: »
    And when gone they are gone as no more stock going in at weekend apparentely

Yeah that’s why I grabbed them yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭keos

Tesco:

Gordon's Premium Pink Distilled Gin 70Cl 2 for €30
    Baileys 70cl €13
    Powers, Kilbeggan, Tullamore DEW 70Cl €20
    Jameson Caskmates Irish Whiskey 70Cl €25
    JD €25

Dunnes:
    Hennessy VS 70Cl €25

The same bargains are being posted numerous times, can a weekly sticky me dine with all the drink offers added for all the major supermarkets ?
    I’m sure most deals start on a Thursday

Post 4838 is the perfect example

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

The same bargains are being posted numerous times, can a weekly sticky me dine with all the drink offers added for all the major supermarkets ?
    I’m sure most deals start on a Thursday

Post 4838 is the perfect example

Dunnes is Tue to following Mon
    Tesco is Thurs to Wed
    Supervalu is Thurs to Mon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Yeah that’s why I grabbed them yesterday

The offer is advertised as from 22nd to 25th. Yet they aren’t restocking after the 23rd :rolleyes:

Dunnes is Tue to following Mon
    Tesco is Thurs to Wed
    Supervalu is Thurs to Mon

The Thursday to Monday thing for SuperValu is a recent thing though isn’t it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭GY A1

Is jack Daniels on offer anywhere

vicwatson wrote: »
    The offer is advertised as from 22nd to 25th. Yet they aren’t restocking after the 23rd :rolleyes:

Always the way with SuperValu, I left it until Sunday last time and there was feck all left and they claim they don’t have the storage room

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Etnies

Tesco have 24 cans of Guinness for 20 euro at the minute.

Is that normal price now or what seems very cheap

Etnies wrote: »

Very cheap
    Buy as many as you can carry, take a trolley home if you have to

• Registered Users Posts: 14,985 ✭✭✭✭elperello

GY A1 wrote: »
    Is jack Daniels on offer anywhere

€25 in Tesco

• Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭Yellow Dog

Saturday and Sunday Lidl have this in offer at half price €3.49

CIMAROSA South African Shiraz/ Cabernet

Last time it was on offer at this price I went to store at 10:50am and there was none left. And as you all know alcohol can only be sold from 10:30am.

Also it is limited to 6 bottles to customer.

And if you are looking for some cheap wine SuperValu have a few at €7 and if you buy 6 you get €10 off and if you have any vouchers...…...

• Registered Users Posts: 82,579 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Etnies wrote: »

They also have 24 Bulmers for €20 which is incredible...especially when used in conjunction with their €10 off €50 spend vouchers :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86,476 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

tennis12 wrote: »

I got for €20 as had spend €25 get €5 coupon ;) having a real rewards card does pay

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement