Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Booze deals [Megathread]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,057 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Yellow Dog wrote: »
    Saturday and Sunday Lidl have this in offer at half price €3.49
    CIMAROSA South African Shiraz/ Cabernet
    Last time it was on offer at this price I went to store at 10:50am and there was none left. And as you all know alcohol can only be sold from 10:30am.
    Also it is limited to 6 bottles to customer.

Yep it's flying off the shelves.

Also, LIDL have some 'wine sale' coming, up to 75% off.
    There are already some bottles on the shelves for €5 reduced from €10 - €20, a 2011 Brunello, some Riojas, and a Bordeaux in the reds.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭flangemeistro

Hi guys, had my phone returned yesterday after being repaired and all my messages are gone obviously so I've lost my SuperValu €5 off €25 and I want to pick up the two boxes of bulmers today.
    Would anyone have one they're not using or would it not work anyway because I'd be using it in conjunction with my loyalty card?
    I checked the app and the codes aren't in there either.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

The vouchers can only be used along with the loyalty tags associated with that person, if you want the bulmers for €25 you better hurry as all the SuperValu stores around here are sold out
    If you ting real rewards they can email or send another text out if you sxain the situation

The internet isn’t for everyone

OmegaGene wrote: »
    The vouchers can only be used along with the loyalty tags associated with that person, if you want the bulmers for €25 you better hurry as all the SuperValu stores around here are sold out
    If you ting real rewards they can email or send another text out if you sxain the situation

Cheers will I ring or email?

Best to ring tbh or you could be waiting days for a reply by email

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Frank_1969

Centra are doing 2 X 12 cans of Bulmers & Heineken for €20 until Sunday 25th..No vouchers required.

• Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭Yellow Dog

odyssey06 wrote: »

There are already some bottles on the shelves for €5 reduced from €10 - €20, a 2011 Brunello, some Riojas, and a Bordeaux in the reds.

Just back from my morning wine run.
    This time they had two pallets on display so got six bottles three times using different till each time. Then did the same at other Lidl in town so 36 bottles for €125.64, saving the same amount.

While there I noticed the following:

12 x 330ml bottles Brahma, Grolsch and Molson mix and match 3 for €27

12 x 500m, cans Heineken, Budweiser, Guinnes and Carlsberg mix and match 2 for €20

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,784 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

I PMed you the text of a €8 off €40 voucher I'm not using. Best to copy the text into your messaging app and send it to yourself. From experience they work with any Real Rewards card.

Quackster wrote: »
    I PMed you the text of a €8 off €40 voucher I'm not using. Best to copy the text into your messaging app and send it to yourself. From experience they work with any Real Rewards card.

I tried using my father in-laws voucher with my card and it was declined
    Maybe it’s changed

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Maybe it’s changed

They should make a documentary on you with all the vouchers you're using.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Advertisement

Maybe it’s changed

Declined by the system or declined by a over-zealous cashier? I've mistakenly used the wrong code with the wrong card a few times (other family members' unwanted vouchers) and never had an issue. I mostly use the self-service tills though.

The same is true for Dunnes and Tesco spend & save vouchers (they'll even work without the use of any loyalty card).

They should make a documentary on you with all the vouchers you're using.

Don’t be jealous now you will get your vouchers soon enough

Tesco have a limit of 6 cases per transaction and the €20 a case deal finished on the 25tb according to the website
    Very good deal and even better is you have the mailing vouchers that came out
    66 cent a can for bulmers and Guinness

• Registered Users Posts: 6,047 ✭✭✭Truckermal

I purchased the Hennessey through Super Valu online earlier plus other stuff on offer so I spent 75 euros and got 15 euros off as you get that offer using the online shopping for the first time but I opted for click and collect! It made cheap booze even cheaper!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,096 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Dunnes
    Om6mWiN.jpg?1
    Tesco
    BwS7YPO.jpg?1
    Supervalu
    BFlHQIm.jpg?1
    Eurospar
    kImDS1o.jpg?2

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

is there an end date on the 2 for €50 in Dunnes?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,501 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Tesco seems to be only place with hop House slabs and also 24 for 28. But not all tesco stock them.
    Not the best of ales but at that price, you can't beat it

• Registered Users Posts: 13,395 ✭✭✭✭Geuze

Yes, odd to see what seems to be good French wine at 5.00 per bottle??

Geuze wrote: »
    Yes, odd to see what seems to be good French wine at 5.00 per bottle??

Seems to be a bin end sale of the wines they got in as part of weekly specials e.g. French week, Italian week, Spanish week - rather than the wines from their regular selections (which are the ones they discount at weekends in the wine of the week offer). So just selling off what they have.

Quackster wrote: »

Just want to say thanks very much for this. I really appreciate it and it was such a lovely gesture.
    It worked no problem with my own loyalty card.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭andrew1977

Anyone come across any slabs of Smithwicks for sale ?

Very seldom you come across them, dunnes have them occasionally at Xmas but no sign so far.

I aint shelling out 14.50 for an 8 pack of smithwicks, not when I can have a full slab of something else for 20 euro:D

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭snowgal

Seems to be a bin end sale of the wines they got in as part of weekly specials e.g. French week, Italian week, Spanish week - rather than the wines from their regular selections (which are the ones they discount at weekends in the wine of the week offer). So just selling off what they have.

yes there were some good ones in there! I got what I could, not much left. Got 3 flueries and 2 saint emillion, absolute bargain for €5!! Im looking for more......

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

snowgal wrote: »
    yes there were some good ones in there! I got what I could, not much left. Got 3 flueries and 2 saint emillion, absolute bargain for €5!! Im looking for more......

I don't see how a fiver a bottle could possibly cover the tax and duty on the wine- never mind pay for the wine itself. How/why are Lidl doing this? Even a few nice white Rioja there- well, there were, before I cleared them (Lucan). What gives?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

How/why are Lidl doing this?
    Many supermarkets have been selling spirits at a loss for years now.

• Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Foggy Jew

Thanks so much for this, Odyssey. I picked up 8 bottles at lunchtime.... Now I only have to figure out a way to hide it from myself so it's not all demolished before Christmas.:confused:

It's the bally ballyness of it that makes it all seem so bally bally.

Foggy Jew wrote: »
    Thanks so much for this, Odyssey. I picked up 8 bottles at lunchtime.... Now I only have to figure out a way to hide it from myself so it's not all demolished before Christmas.:confused:

You are welcome. If anyone sees a new lot from this bin sale on the shelves please bump this thread - my local LIDL is all cleaned out for now...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭snowgal

You are welcome. If anyone sees a new lot from this bin sale on the shelves please bump this thread - my local LIDL is all cleaned out for now...

yea me too!

Just after popping into my local and there was no shortage so came away happy. That said, it wasn't very prominently highlighted so many shoppers might have passed by without noticing.

The chap on the till wanted to take back the neck labels as he said they were low on them and that more stock would be hitting the shelves over the coming days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭BandMember

TheDriver wrote: »
    Tesco seems to be only place with hop House slabs and also 24 for 28. But not all tesco stock them.
    Not the best of ales but at that price, you can't beat it

Where are you seeing the deals on slabs of Hop House?? :confused:

• Advertisement

BandMember wrote: »
    Where are you seeing the deals on slabs of Hop House?? :confused:

Google is great

https://m.tesco.ie/mt/www.tesco.ie/groceries/Product/Details/?id=300400051

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement