Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Booze deals [Megathread]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭ablelocks

OmegaGene wrote: »
    they have a euro off cute hoor too
    shame there arent any cure hoors in my supervalu :D

heh heh. I got called a cute hoor by the checkout guy in my supervalu last night - after i used 2 vouchers to get 2 bottles of jameson and a slab of heineken for €30. We both agreed that vouchers should only be used to buy booze....

• Registered Users Posts: 48,235 ✭✭✭✭km79

2 for 20 tiger sold out in local SuperValu
    Getting it back in weds but won’t be on offer :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

ablelocks wrote: »
    heh heh. I got called a cute hoor by the checkout guy in my supervalu last night - after i used 2 vouchers to get 2 bottles of jameson and a slab of heineken for €30. We both agreed that vouchers should only be used to buy booze....

Sure what else would you use them for

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 12,501 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Invincible wrote: »
    What's it taste similar to?
    That Peroni 18 bottles for €20 deal in tesco was nice!

Its a Hop house 13/Smithwicks type of drink. Watered down craft ale. Good if the price is right

• Registered Users Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭Reputable Rog

TheDriver wrote: »
    Its a Hop house 13/Smithwicks type of drink. Watered down craft ale. Good if the price is right

Hop House and Smithwicks are two completely different drinks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Cloudio9

Hop House and Smithwicks are two completely different drinks.

Probably means smithwicks pale ale which is similar to hophouse. Hophouse is branded a lager but is brewed with ale yeast.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭andrew1977

I sauntered into my local Tesco last night armed with my money off vouchers/club card vouchers.

I left with 3 slabs of 24 pack cans, 2 Guinness and 1 Heineken.

On offer for 20 euro a tray, 60 euro in total, used a 12 euro off 50 spend and 3 euro clubcard voucher spend .

Left the shop having paid 45 euro for 3 slabs of cans, cheapest I have ever got them.

Delighted with myself, they will taste even sweeter at that price :D

• Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Foggy Jew

andrew1977 wrote: »
    I sauntered into my local Tesco last night armed with my money off vouchers/club card vouchers.

On offer for 20 euro a tray, 60 euro in total, used a 12 euro off 50 spend and 3 euro clubcard voucher spend .

Left the shop having paid 45 euro for 3 slabs of cans, cheapest I have ever got them.

I bet you didn't saunter out.... Your legs must have been buckling under the weight of that cheap booze.:D:D:D

It's the bally ballyness of it that makes it all seem so bally bally.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭BOBIDGE

That deal in Sainsburys looks very good.

I'm looking to buy 70 bottles of wine (again, wedding Sept 19). Is it worth stocking up now or will I bide my time?

I'm not sure if you can use the 25% back, in conjuction with the 10 off 50 voucher, in Tesco Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭Sponsorgate

BOBIDGE wrote: »

I'm looking to buy 70 bottles of wine (again, wedding Sept 19). Is it worth stocking up now or will I bide my time?

I'm not sure if you can use the 25% back, in conjuction with the 10 off 50 voucher, in Tesco Ireland.

I used the 10 off 50 voucher in conjunction with the 25% back offer last night

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭BOBIDGE

I used the 10 off 50 voucher in conjunction with the 25% back offer last night

So, an 8 euro wine becomes roughly 4.80. Good offer!

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭Sponsorgate

So, an 8 euro wine becomes roughly 4.80. Good offer!

Yup , my 12 euro wine was 7.30 per bottle :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

Recently bought our wedding wine in Tesco. Worth doing when they have a deal on wine (Not sure if its on at the moment).

We got mcguigans when it was 6 for 40. Then when buying 12 using 10 off 50 voucher and with the % back it was coming in just over 60 euro for 12 bottles.

Coming in at just over 5 a bottle when the house wine would have been 22

• Registered Users Posts: 14,984 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Recently bought our wedding wine in Tesco. Worth doing when they have a deal on wine (Not sure if its on at the moment).

We got mcguigans when it was 6 for 40. Then when buying 12 using 10 off 50 voucher and with the % back it was coming in just over 60 euro for 12 bottles.

House wine in a pub in Newcastle on Tyne last week 5 pounds.
    Wednesday night is wine night.
    Bottle of wine, pint and diet coke 9 pounds 30 pence.

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭zurbfoundation

do they want corkage?

do they want corkage?

Yeah they will clean up on corkage, it’s all a money racket

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

do they want corkage?
    4 euro a bottle. So still less than half price.

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭steves2

Redbreast Lustau only £34.90 on Amazon!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,290 ✭✭✭Ardent

steves2 wrote: »

What's this like compared to the original 12yo?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭jasper100

Are people getting this through customs ok?

Regular 12 yo works out at €46 in Dunnes at the moment, nett of vouchers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,290 ✭✭✭Ardent

jasper100 wrote: »

Customs doesn't apply from the UK I would have thought?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

jasper100 wrote: »

I got my shipping notification from Amazon yesterday for a bottle of Redbreast so in the next 24 hours or so I should know if it gets through parcel motel alright.

Ardent wrote: »
    Customs doesn't apply from the UK I would have thought?

they do apply and the least said about it on forums the better i think, a lad on another thread on bargain alerts had a case of beer taken last week and another had bottles smash and the parcel forwarding company said tough titty

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭ablelocks

Jameson Method and Madness whiskey in Tesco Nenagh €50.

(not sure about other stores because I've rarely seen it in the supermarkets)

Celticwhiskey price is €79, Jameson online shop is €69

Combine the coupon(s) from the various Tesco coupon sources and you can get one for €30.

It's lovely whiskey.

Alternatively (edit : or as well, but in a separate transaction), buy a bottle of Jameson Black Barrel and a Jameson Std bottle (with 2 glasses) for €53, use coupons and get both for €33

• Registered Users Posts: 6,147 ✭✭✭Passenger

Couldn't resist. I'll decide when I get it if I'll gift it or drink it myself. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

There's a €10 off when spend €45 voucher for tesco in the daily mirror today,i got 3 slabs for €50 you cant go wrong with that!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

There's a €10 off when spend €45 voucher for tesco in the daily mirror today,i got 3 slabs for €50 you cant go wrong with that!

It was in the Indepentent too, and there were complimentary copies for customers in O Sullivan's Bar in Douglas today!

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

That’s far too much drink, do you need a hand ?

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭dcollins

12 off 50? I can only find 10 off 45 or 10 off 50 vouchers... am i missing sometihng? cheers.
    andrew1977 wrote: »

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭Browney7

ablelocks wrote: »
    Jameson Method and Madness whiskey in Tesco Nenagh €50.

(not sure about other stores because I've rarely seen it in the supermarkets)

Celticwhiskey price is €79, Jameson online shop is €69

Combine the coupon(s) from the various Tesco coupon sources and you can get one for €30.

It's lovely whiskey.

Alternatively (edit : or as well, but in a separate transaction), buy a bottle of Jameson Black Barrel and a Jameson Std bottle (with 2 glasses) for €53, use coupons and get both for €33

What coupons are you combining to get it for 30?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement