Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Booze deals [Megathread]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,392 ✭✭✭✭Geuze

I calculated today that it is possible to buy cans of draught Guinness for 62.5 cent in DS, by using vouchers.

Two 24pk cases for 40 euro, spend 10 on groceries, 50 overall.

Pay 40 after regular voucher, or postal weekly voucher.

So the 48 cans have cost 30, assuming you apply the 10 discount to the beer.

62.5 cent per 50cl can - a serious loss leader.

In real terms, are these prices are lower than 20 years ago? I think so.

Yet pub prices go up nearly every year.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Geuze wrote: »
    I calculated today that it is possible to buy cans of draught Guinness for 62.5 cent in DS, by using vouchers.

Cans were always ridiculously expensive even at Christmas. 20 years ago you wouldn’t have gotten much change out of €50 for a slab.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

and with the new vouchers you don't even need to spend €10 on groceries you just need to spend €5 as it's a €10 off a €45 spend

• Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

Your a bit late to the party, we’ve been stocking up around these parts for weeks now, €20 slabs and boxes of 20 bottles 2 for €25 and vouchers galore
    Captain Morgan tomorrow for a tenner is a great deal too

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 82,579 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

By us buying the cheap beer up with vouchers it keeps it out of the hands of people unable to appreciate it without going mad :D

• Advertisement

Only 4 hours to go until the captain Morgan riots in Lidl, rumour has it women and children will be sacrificed at the fruit and veg super 6 to wait with trolleys while the men folk make a mad dash for the rum

• Registered Users Posts: 12,562 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

You are cheating in your calculations. The 48 cans will cost you 32. The groceries cost 8.
    You can't just deem the entire discount to be beer because it suits you!
    Still 66.6666c per can is quite reasonable.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,116 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

I'm still hoping Lidl will repeat the prosecco deal from last year, think it was a bottle for €4

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭xpletiv

Apparently fortunestown never got a delivery of captain Morgan. Try another tallaght branch.

xpletiv wrote: »
    Apparently fortunestown never got a delivery of captain Morgan. Try another tallaght branch.

Wait until the locals find out
    Jcb time again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭adam240610

Hundreds of captain Morgans in greystones Lidl, grabbed two just now

• Registered Users Posts: 12,500 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

I thought booze was 12.30 on sundays

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭xpletiv

Massive queue in tallaght village, only local one that has it. Limit 1 each. Very few left.

TheDriver wrote: »

It is

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭cython

Got 2 Morgans in Blanchardstown westend Lidl today,so thanks for the heads up! Didn't set out to get them but happened to be parking there at like 12.25 so it was a no brainer to run in for a look. Only seemed to be a handful left and the queues were full of people who'd been counting down to opening of sales, with probably more floating around the shop.

OH got 2 bottles of Baileys for 20 quid at the same time which also seems decent.

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭littlesthobo

cython wrote: »
    Got 2 Morgans in Blanchardstown westend Lidl today,so thanks for the heads up! Didn't set out to get them but happened to be parking there at like 12.25 so it was a no brainer to run in for a look. Only seemed to be a handful left and the queues were full of people who'd been counting down to opening of sales, with probably more floating around the shop.

OH got 2 bottles of Baileys for 20 quid at the same time which also seems decent.

It's carnage on Facebook, sold out everywhere before 12.30 if they even had it to begin with. one lads taking them to small claims court???? Hilarious

• Registered Users Posts: 32 musicmammy

Loads in Ballycullen at 1pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭adam240610

TheDriver wrote: »

I posted from in the shop, was grabbing other stuff til half

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Smirnoff, morgans, gordons regular and gordons pink were 2x1L for 40 mix & match in tesco. Not showing online. The shelf label said it finishes today and online shows it is a new offer of 26euro for most of them tomorrow.

The 10/45 vouchers I got with receipts are not valid until tomorrow, so good deals will be gone. I still have 10/50 so am better off using today, even though it is effectively 20% off instead of 22% (10/45).

Beers still 20euro but not showing online, and not certain but I think that might finish today too.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,784 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

rubadub wrote: »
    Smirnoff, morgans, gordons regular and gordons pink were 2x1L for 40 mix & match in tesco. Not showing online. The shelf label said it finishes today and online shows it is a new offer of 26euro for most of them tomorrow.

The 10/45 vouchers I got with receipts are not valid until tomorrow, so good deals will be gone. I still have 10/50 so am better off using today, even though it is effectively 20% off instead of 22% (10/45).

Beers still 20euro but not showing online, and not certain but I think that might finish today too.

Scan the 10/45 voucher that was posted on the Tesco vouchers thread (it scans perfect from a phone on the self-service tills) and drop your 10/50 voucher into the slot. The 10/45 voucher is in various papers today as well.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Del007 wrote: »
    Any deals on prosecco about? Need about 30 bottles for the upcoming wedding

Cheers lads

Eurospar have 6 bottles of Prosecco for EUR30.
    Can't really argue with a fiver a bottle?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭jasper100

So could you buy buy 5 bottles of spirits for 100e in store and get 20 off, so were 1litre bottles of smirnoff coming in at 16e each?

jasper100 wrote: »
    So could you buy buy 5 bottles of spirits for 100e in store and get 20 off, so were 1litre bottles of smirnoff coming in at 16e each?

That’s the way it works yes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭Del007

Eurospar have 6 bottles of Prosecco for EUR30.
    Can't really argue with a fiver a bottle?

Brilliant, thanks for that. I'll check it out tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

In tesco 700ml ketel one vodka is 25
    jasper100 wrote: »

you had to buy 2 bottles for 40, so you cannot get 5 all at the discounted price. So if I wanted to get 100 I would have got 4 bottles for 80 and a tray of grolsch or guinness for 20.

I used another 10/50 voucher just now and got another 2x10/45 ones. That is all 3 times now that I got double vouchers. I heard another woman saying to her husband she got 1. No idea why they give me 2, esp. as they are probably making a loss on what I get!

In tesco 700ml ketel one vodka is 25

you had to buy 2 bottles for 40, so you cannot get 5 all at the discounted price. So if I wanted to get 100 I would have got 4 bottles for 80 and a tray of grolsch or guinness for 20.

I used another 10/50 voucher just now and got another 2x10/45 ones. That is all 3 times now that I got double vouchers. I heard another woman saying to her husband she got 1. No idea why they give me 2, esp. as they are probably making a loss on what I get!

I think they just wanted to know they could get €20 off €100 spend rather than the mix and match deal you mentioned
    Some people are new to the vouchers and are unsure on the best way to use them, this time last year I was using a voucher to buy a €50 Tesco gift card and going straight back in with the gift card and another voucher for cheap booze but sadly they clocked onto that

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭cathalj

Does anyone know of a way to check current Dunnes Alcohol offers, as they have no grocery website.... I've vouchers for Supervalu, Tesco and Dunnes and just looking to see where I get best bang for my buck !!

cathalj wrote: »
    Does anyone know of a way to check current Dunnes Alcohol offers, as they have no grocery website.... I've vouchers for Supervalu, Tesco and Dunnes and just looking to see where I get best bang for my buck !!

they dont have anything online sadly so just check back a few posts here

• Registered Users Posts: 8,977 ✭✭✭893bet

cathalj wrote: »

It’s a lottery when you get there as-well! Just in Tesco looking for two bottles of pink gin for 40 quid (present..... not really! It’s very tasty) and not a bottle to be seen.

• Advertisement

tesco
    bulmers 24 can slab €25 10th until 12th of december
    heineken bud and coors light 20 bottle boxes are 2 for €30 mix and match 10th until 12th of december
    hopefully the 13th brings us something better

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement