Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Booze deals [Megathread]

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,784 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

RIALTO1 wrote: »
    Agree they have stopped giving out vouchers, but last Saturday (8th) in Clarehall I put through a €50 spend, used my clubcard €10 off. Then used the €10 off €45 I got for that straight away for the second half of the shop. Receipt voucher said from 10th Dec.

Yeah, regardless of the 'valid from' and 'valid to' dates printed on any particular voucher, EVERY VOUCHER issued by Tesco in the past few weeks has the EXACT SAME GENERIC BARCODE so they will all scan every day up until the end of the promotion (currently Christmas Eve). Till operators may refuse to accept them though if they're outside the printed validity period.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭Peig Sayers

Bushmills for €10 tomorrow only in Lidl!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

They are as good as gone

• Registered Users Posts: 18,099 ✭✭✭✭rob316

That's Protestant whiskey

• Registered Users Posts: 6,181 ✭✭✭Invincible

rob316 wrote: »

What/why?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

Quackster wrote: »
    Till operators may refuse to accept them though if they're outside the printed validity period.
    Till operators have been refusing to accept them when they are inside the printed validity period, happened to me twice on two separate occasions

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭Peig Sayers

rob316 wrote: »

Ah sure it'll be grand in a hot whiskey! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 68,785 ✭✭✭✭L1011

casio4 wrote: »
    Till operators have been refusing to accept them when they are inside the printed validity period, happened to me twice on two separate occasions

Use the self checkouts in that case. Get all the assistance to de-tag etc done before payment.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

L1011 wrote: »
    Use the self checkouts in that case. Get all the assistance to de-tag etc done before payment.

don't really want to rock up to self service with 2 slabs so I bought a paper for the voucher

You would be surprised how bog normal that is here all year round; but I do live in Student Central!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

casio4 wrote: »
    don't really want to rock up to self service with 2 slabs so I bought a paper for the voucher

I went to self service with 6 slabs like a boss :-)

The internet isn’t for everyone

vicwatson wrote: »
    They are as good as gone

Get your tent ready

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

Invincible wrote: »
    What/why?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭jasper100

Invincible wrote: »
    What/why?

Never touched by fenian hands.

jasper100 wrote: »

Considering it contains grain whiskey made by IDL in Midleton (and basically always has had ROI made grain since the 60s if not earlier), that would be a bit of a technical impossibility. Also their master distiller is Catholic anyway.

Only the aged bottlings - 10/12/16/21 are fully NI made.

Also, the Jamesons were protestant, etc. Very lazy, generally misinformed Irish-American in a bar, stereotype

• Registered Users Posts: 4,280 ✭✭✭munster87

They ship the Protestants into Cork just to sort out the grain, I’ve seen them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭ablelocks

jasper100 wrote: »

Of course it isn’t

Proper fenians pour it into a glass - what kind of muck savage drinks whiskey from their hands?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,985 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Been watching Hendricks gin for a couple of weeks..needed for a present..Tescos had it for €30 (70 cl) for a couple of days last year and it has dropped to €37 from €44 but says valid to 25/12 online so bit and used the €10 off €45 printable voucher from here and bought a few essentials for €8 to get it for €27..not great but about as good as it was going to get.

I just got a pressie of a bottle of it today.

I don’t even drink gin!

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭morritty

Seve OB wrote: »
    I just got a pressie of a bottle of it today.

I don’t even drink gin!

I'll gladly accept a present of that ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,980 ✭✭✭✭elperello

O'Briens

20 x Carlsberg bottles €12
    Green Spot €50
    Tullamore Dew €19.95
    Jameson Crested €25
    6 x World Beers 50cl €10 (includes Spaten, Oktoberfest, Staropramen, Budejovicky Budvar)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭Yellow Dog

ablelocks wrote: »
    Writers Tears Whiskey with 2 glasses reduced from €45 to €35 in Tesco

Went to my local Tesco today and no sign of this and staff member said they had not stocked it for years. Not a whiskey man myself but had hoped to buy as a present.

Also filled my trolly with €90 of drink and groceries, produced a €10 of €45 I received through post and €10 of €45 from paper and second voucher was rejected as first voucher brought total below threshold, but was allowed to add another slab to validate second voucher.

They haven't stocked it regularly for years; it has only reappeared in the gift box. Hopefully it joins the regular Christmas lineup - Cardhu usually vanishes during the rest of the year also and is also reduced hugely this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭dball

€10 for a bottle of Bushmills in lidl today
    70cl
    2 per person max

dball wrote: »
    €10 for a bottle of Bushmills in lidl today
    70cl
    2 per person max

Bit late now lol they are all gone

• Registered Users Posts: 30,035 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

OmegaGene wrote: »

You were quick, I haven't opened my 2... yet :)

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭mac.in

Same here. Was told it's all gone in 5 minutes. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭jharr100

They were gone in 5 mins in Lidl carrigaline..
    I saw a staff member in his green Lidl shirt buy 6 he had stashed for himself at 11am!

jharr100 wrote: »
    They were gone in 5 mins in Lidl carrigaline..
    I saw a staff member in his green Lidl shirt buy 6 he had stashed for himself at 11am!

I saw a fella I know take one back for a refund he’d bought yesterday and buy it back again

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

I saw a fella I know take one back for a refund he’d bought yesterday and buy it back again

Oh sweet Lord above, we've gone to a new level.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭Hoboo

That's just beautiful. Kudos.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement