Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Booze deals [Megathread]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Eurospar are doing their best to stay in this cut price booze war, they're good for a bottle of something every now and then.

Tough business now for any small franchise with the big supermarkets so aggressive looking for market share.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

Eurospar are doing their best to stay in this cut price booze war, they're good for a bottle of something every now and then.

Tough business now for any small franchise with the big supermarkets so aggressive looking for market share.

Some people don’t bother bargain hunting, I was in my local spar getting a card and someone I know had 2 x 4 can of bulmers €2.29 each
    I told him he’s a simpleton
    He replied he doesn’t want 24 only 8 cans
    So I pointed to the 8 pack for €11
    He wasn’t amused

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Some people don’t bother bargain hunting, I was in my local spar getting a card and someone I know had 2 x 4 can of bulmers €2.29 each
    I told him he’s a simpleton
    He replied he doesn’t want 24 only 8 cans
    So I pointed to the 8 pack for €11
    He wasn’t amused

For the likes of me and you to prosper we need a few plebs like him to help balance things out.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭kenkin

Are Heineken cans on offer anywhere please

• Registered Users Posts: 30,035 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

kenkin wrote: »

Tesco have 24 cans for €25... a saving of €26.60?
    https://www.tesco.ie/groceries/Product/Details/?id=250640585

Buy the Independent with a coupon, get 48 for €40.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Is that today's paper?

Is that today's paper?

There is a pdf on bargain alerts you can scan it on your phone at self service

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=468607&d=1545390824

Is that today's paper?

Yep, Friday 21st, on page 17.

Keep an eye on this thread:
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=108942693

• Registered Users Posts: 82,579 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

kenkin wrote: »

€20 in SuperValu, €25 in Tesco.

All the papers were gone and I can't scan the voucher as I'm shopping online.
    On a brighter note, thanks for the heads up on the wine sale, picked up some very lovely wines.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,873 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

deisedav wrote: »
    My local lidl get in the tsingtao a fair bit and its nice beer.
    TG860 wrote: »
    I remember my local Dunnes Stores (Drogheda) carries Tsingtao.

That's strange, I've never seen it in my local [Lidl|Dunnes]

I did sample it out of a hotel mini-bar in Hong Kong when I was on honeymoon, not bad...

The Dublin Airport cap is damaging the economy of Ireland as a whole, and must be scrapped forthwith.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,785 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Lidl would do it twice a year roughly and some big Dunnes would have it all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭DubInTheWest

Lads, the grolsch, can you tell me what other beer it resembles in any way ? I drank Stella artois for years when it was 5%, now it's 4.8 and hard to get where I am never mind getting it cheap these days. I see in the thread the grolsch is 5% but don't want to buy a tray and just leave it there. There reason I'm asking is, I often see the Franziskaner from Lidl on boards and people love it, I got it and hated it. I'm more of a Stella, or Heineken person, or last resort Bud.

Thanks

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,784 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Lads, the grolsch, can you tell me what other beer it resembles in any way ? I drank Stella artois for years when it was 5%, now it's 4.8 and hard to get where I am never mind getting it cheap these days. I see in the thread the grolsch is 5% but don't want to buy a tray and just leave it there. There reason I'm asking is, I often see the Franziskaner from Lidl on boards and people love it, I got it and hated it. I'm more of a Stella, or Heineken person, or last resort Bud.

Thanks

Grolsch is a lager, not too dissimilar to Stella, so you should be grand. Franziskaner, being a weissbier, is indeed quite different. (I love the stuff!)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,999 ✭✭✭dodzy

2 slabs in Lidl for €30. Bud and carlsberg today. Heineken tomorrow. Best deal in the history of slab sales, surely.

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭DubInTheWest

Quackster wrote: »
    Grolsch is a lager, not too dissimilar to Stella, so you should be grand. Franziskaner, being a weissbier, is indeed quite different. (I love the stuff!)

Thanks very much. I'll grab a couple of slabs. I went off the bud years ago and now I'm sick of the Heineken so looking for something else. The 5% is nice too.

I was passing Lidl at 1pm and couldn’t resist the offer, only Carlsberg left but for that price it will do

I was passing Lidl at 1pm and couldn’t resist the offer, only Carlsberg left but for that price it will be
    probably........;)

Heineken and Guinness tomorrow in Lidl mix and match 2 for €30

• Registered Users Posts: 82,579 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Now that's another level of crazy :D

• Advertisement

Can’t go wrong there
    Stock up for Good Friday lol

Heineken, Guinness, Bud and Carlsberg for 15€ slab. Jesus, MUP is gonna kill us if it ever happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭ArraMusha

..one way to survive these deals...see attached

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 470 ✭✭TetraSonic55

ArraMusha wrote: »
    ..one way to survive these deals...see attached

Brilliant :D

I live in a one bedroom apartment so have no more room for booze. I stashed two slabs in the boot of the car for an emergency :p

I live in a one bedroom apartment so have no more room for booze. I stashed two slabs in the boot of the car for an emergency :p

I feel your pain.. have thought about putting a banger of a van in apartment car park for similar purposes.!

• Registered Users Posts: 68,785 ✭✭✭✭L1011

slabs in the boot = extra traction in a RWD, two birds with one stone if that's the case.

L1011 wrote: »
    slabs in the boot = extra traction in a RWD, two birds with one stone if that's the case.

Keeps them nicely chilled too

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭BOBIDGE

Thank you BOOZERS!

All set for our wedding next year. Well, almost......last run tomorrow!

20181222_220507.jpg

Just under 800e, btw!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭Reputable Rog

My local Lidl had quite a number of fairly drinkable wines reduced to clear this evening,€5 a pop.
    I drink a lot of red so very happy with the two I picked up, saved me hitting my more expensive collection.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement